203 replies to this topic

#76 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

Some people think he would be much better in a west coast offense, that's why.

#77 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

Unless we have more injuries at LB I doubt we trade for someone like Curry. But if he ever gets released, he would defintely be the type of player Hunrey would get. He might even trade a late round pick for him but nothing high.

#78 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

I would freaking LOVE Aaron Curry on this team. He is a physical specimen and needs a change of scenery. Local kid, has ties to Wake Forest and ECU.

#79 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

Yeah wasn't ECU the only other team that offered him a scholarship? I went to ECU, BTW

#80 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

Yeah wasn't ECU the only other team that offered him a scholarship? I went to ECU, BTW

Yes, and Patrick Pinkney (former ECU QB) is his brother. Reggie Pinkney (former ECU player) is their dad.

#81 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

I had a developmental psyc class with Pinkney, he sat in class wearing sunglasses all day

#82 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

I had a developmental psyc class with Pinkney, he sat in class wearing sunglasses all day

Haha... I'm in graduate school there now (did my undergrad there too) and Pinkney is always hammered downtown, sporting both C-USA Championship rings...and you guessed it, his shades at night.

#83 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

Oh, my mistake. I got confused from James Pinkney. That's who I had the class with.

Or James "Stinkney" as we liked to call him. I was there when CJ was.

#84 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

Curry, who frequently tweets religious messages, might have alluded to the switch Wednesday when he wrote, "Please tell me what you want me to learn from today's trial!"

lol

#85 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Please tell me what you want me to learn from today's trial!

Cover 2

#86 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

Yes, and Patrick Pinkney (former ECU QB) is his brother. Reggie Pinkney (former ECU player) is their dad.

I think they are cousins.

#87 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

You take it incorrectly. I did see him dominate and play lights out at Wake. I am a big ACC FB fan and keep up with all the good ones.

The fact is that Curry has 5 career sacks, and has now been benched in favor of a rookie. He is a very serious liability in coverage.

Again, I've stated that if we could get him for the right price, I'd be more than happy to have him. He may in fact just need a change of scenery, and he'd have a former LB teaching him, and one of the best LBs in the league to learn from.

Fair enough.

FWIW, I think Curry is a great candidate as a 3-4 ILB that is allowed to flow to the ball. I still think he has some worth on the Strong side in a 4-3 and he may just need a change of scenery. Still he is an athletic specimen and really understands the game of football (lol at those posters that think Curry doesn't mentally understand the cover 2). You also don't have to worry with him making the papers for anything besides his on the field accomplishments (or lack thereof).

#88 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Cover 2

:smile:

#89 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Fair enough.

FWIW, I think Curry is a great candidate as a 3-4 ILB that is allowed to flow to the ball. I still think he has some worth on the Strong side in a 4-3 and he may just need a change of scenery. Still he is an athletic specimen and really understands the game of football (lol at those posters that think Curry doesn't mentally understand the cover 2). You also don't have to worry with him making the papers for anything besides his on the field accomplishments (or lack thereof).

i think he's better suited as a strong-side 4-3. good coverage skills. too small to be inside in a 3-4, i would assume his pass rush problems have to do with his ability to get off blocks... putting him up against guards won't help that.

i'd be all for giving up a 5 or 6 to bring him here. don't think it'll happen though. Put him at strong move anderson over to weak.

#90 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

i think he's better suited as a strong-side 4-3. good coverage skills. too small to be inside in a 3-4, i would assume his pass rush problems have to do with his ability to get off blocks... putting him up against guards won't help that.

i'd be all for giving up a 5 or 6 to bring him here. don't think it'll happen though. Put him at strong move anderson over to weak.

His coverage skills are half the reason he lost his job. They were taking him out of 3rd downs. He's pretty much just a run stopper that is quick and undersized

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com