Photo
- - - - -

GOP debate tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#46 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

http://www.huffingto...s_n_990574.html

he most electric reaction, however, came when Obama sharply criticized the GOP presidential candidates for staying silent when audience members at a debate booed a gay soldier who asked a question about DADT.

"We don't believe in the kind of smallness that says it's okay for a stage full of political leaders -- one of whom could end up being the president of the United States -- being silent when an American soldier is booed. We don't believe in that," said Obama to loud cheers and a standing ovation.

"We don't believe in standing silent when that happens. We don't believe in them being silent since. You want to be commander in chief? You can start by standing up for the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States, even when it's not politically convenient. We don't believe in a small America. We believe in a big America -- a tolerant America, a just America, an equal America -- that values the service of every patriot."

No one here seemed to mention that these GOP jokers all just kept their mouth shut when the boos came. Imagine if Obama was running for President and someone in his audience booed a soldier and he said nothing. You would all be then forever convinced he WAS a Muslim terrorist sympathizer.

#47 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Maybe one day he'll grow some balls and say he's for gay marriage. He's just lesser of two evils right now.

#48 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

It would have been great if one of the Republicans had said something but honestly I wouldn't expect them to... just like I woulda been surprised if Obama had if he had been there. I guess I just don't think very highly of our officials running for election :P

#49 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

It is shameful that a potential Commander-in-chief would just play possum.

#50 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

I think McCain is the only politician I've ever seen react negatively to boos directed at political opponents. He was far from presidential material IMO.