Photo
- - - - -

GOP debate tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#41 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

I can't argue with that, but the idea that somehow he's somehow elevated above all other politicians is a bit silly. He comes from an area that elects him because he's different and suited for a small segment of the population - hes the Republican version of that crazy black democrat lady our right wing friends keep posting videos about. Some of his ideas are fine, but the only people that really should be supporting him are isolated ranchers that can operate on themselves in a pinch.

I'm not an isolated rancher, and I don't support him because I agree with everything he has done... to find someone who fits everything I believe is well beyond attainment. I don't like Paul's earmark issue because it is contradictory to philosophy, but I can respect his honesty and integrity regardless. Look at the rest of the field... I mean... good lord... honesty and integrity is enough for me, and it would be enough regardless of his political foundation.

I elevate him for his past patterns of action.. nothing more... I cannot speak for others.

hes the Republican version of that crazy black democrat lady our right wing friends keep posting videos about.

This is the kind of vitriol that splits Americans away from other Americans in this false dichotomy of R vs D... it isnt't helpful...

who are you talking about? Maxine Waters? I disagree with everything she says... but I respect her right to say it... I don't hate her... I don't even know her!

This cannot be stated enough:

The mark of an educated/intelligent mind is one that can entertain an idea without embracing it.

Aristotle originally stated it, but I like this better.

Edited by StepandFetch, 27 September 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#42 necroplasm

necroplasm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

the only people that really should be supporting him are isolated ranchers that can operate on themselves in a pinch.

Actually people would be able to take care of themselves properly if the country as a whole never had to take the burden on it's back.. by the health care bureaucracy, the same type bureaucracy that is eating this country alive. See you don't get the big picture. The country would be far much better off. But Obama and his FED buddies, are all for wasteful spending...wasteful spending that leads to more & more inflation. So with all that said, who's really looking out for the rich?

And what other Republican candidate offers more than Ron Paul? More lawyers, war mongers and now maybe a pizza man? Yeeaaaa. You know people bag on Paul's foreign policy , but if his foreign policy was in place long ago, there would be no 9/11 attack to have happened.

I know RP as President would be rough for the system to break into. But this mess this country is in is unsustainable, that is 100% evident right now. It's best to start all over and restore. Erase all corruption, that's what I want...revolutions are not easy.

Edited by necroplasm, 27 September 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#43 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

.revolutions are not easy.

thats why we work towards political evolution. You cannot end the welfare state in a day (I know you know that)

#44 necroplasm

necroplasm

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

thats why we work towards political evolution. You cannot end the welfare state in a day (I know you know that)

Of course not, lol. No way doing it over night could happen. I only agree with ending the corporate welfare, real reform for the rest, not killing it. Helping the needy is a must...always.

#45 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

yea I know, we are way past that ^^^

#46 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

http://www.huffingto...s_n_990574.html

he most electric reaction, however, came when Obama sharply criticized the GOP presidential candidates for staying silent when audience members at a debate booed a gay soldier who asked a question about DADT.

"We don't believe in the kind of smallness that says it's okay for a stage full of political leaders -- one of whom could end up being the president of the United States -- being silent when an American soldier is booed. We don't believe in that," said Obama to loud cheers and a standing ovation.

"We don't believe in standing silent when that happens. We don't believe in them being silent since. You want to be commander in chief? You can start by standing up for the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States, even when it's not politically convenient. We don't believe in a small America. We believe in a big America -- a tolerant America, a just America, an equal America -- that values the service of every patriot."

No one here seemed to mention that these GOP jokers all just kept their mouth shut when the boos came. Imagine if Obama was running for President and someone in his audience booed a soldier and he said nothing. You would all be then forever convinced he WAS a Muslim terrorist sympathizer.

#47 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Maybe one day he'll grow some balls and say he's for gay marriage. He's just lesser of two evils right now.

#48 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

It would have been great if one of the Republicans had said something but honestly I wouldn't expect them to... just like I woulda been surprised if Obama had if he had been there. I guess I just don't think very highly of our officials running for election :P

#49 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

It is shameful that a potential Commander-in-chief would just play possum.

#50 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

I think McCain is the only politician I've ever seen react negatively to boos directed at political opponents. He was far from presidential material IMO.