• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Bruce

Bruce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

would have loved to have the three points, but not trying the field goal was the correct call. too much risk, besides, gabbert's a pretty good rookie qb, for his 1st start. no need to give him a short field

#32 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm not arguing with you guys. When I posted this, the game was still on and ^He was running clock deciding. It's easy for anybody to now after the fact to criticize. Nobody here is man enough to admit that this call could have costed us the game... I'm Super glad it didn't, but I didn't like the call.

We just picked up our 3rd win in 2 yrs...

I am Not mad

maybe you should just have thought it through instead of having knee jerk reaction and running online to tell people that the coach should do the opposite of the right thing?

#33 Saskwatch

Saskwatch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

I def agreed with the 2 pt conv. If something crazy happened (kick return) and they scored two TDs they would have had 24, meaning the 2 pts keeps us within 8

#34 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

I def agreed with the 2 pt conv. If something crazy happened (kick return) and they scored two TDs they would have had 24, meaning the 2 pts keeps us within 8

The chances of that happening are way low, and you can't formulate a game plan around the 1% oddball play.

After TD, we're up by 4. At this point, if they score another TD we tie with a FG and need a TD to win.

We have a 95% chance to hit the PAT. If they score at TD, we need a FG to win.

We have a 40%ish chance to get a 2pt conversion. Which only helps us if they score two TDs in the last 4min.

Up by 5 >>>> Up by 4
Up by 6 > Up by 5

The right play is to take the high percentage PAT to go up by 5, which gives us a huge advantage over being up by 4. It was a bad risk to go up by 6, which doesn't give us much of an advantage over being up by 5. High risk for low gain...bad gamble.

#35 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

I understand what everybody's saying about it being wet, but unless u watched a different game than I did it didn't rain in the second half. Granted the field was very mushy, there wasn't 2 or 3 inches of water standing on the field like some who have posted here have expressed. Plus for kicks you get a new ball, so there went the theory of a water logged ball.

I would have kicked the FG to guarentee the win. If he misses it, trust in your defense. Didn't we do that anyways?

Yep, I thought so.

And I for one had no faith that our secondary wouldn't give up a TD... They did it right b4 half.

Like I said earlier... After the game and in hindsight it's EASY for u all to disagree with me. You take points when u can get them.
Mare has a very strong leg, I have faith that He would have made it.
It doesn't matter though. We won, and I'm happy

#36 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

I also wouldn't have gone for 2. No point. If you miss it, and then they score, all u can do is tie with a FG as opposed to winning with a FG. No biggie.... This time

#37 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

You guys are all ridiculous!

IF* Gabbart leads them down and they win... Then what?

It's only a good move cause it worked out.

I completely disagree with the call. Take those 3 points and put the game out of reach!

They won and it doesn't matter what you think. It was the correct call AND it worked.

#38 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

The field was still wet which affects kicking a field goal. Hard to plant your foot and get a good kick that is required to hit a 50 yard field goal.

Mare kicked a 32 yard field goal at the end of the 3rd quarter and it didn't look like it had enough distance to clear 42 yards.

#39 panik

panik

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

It's only a good move cause it worked out.

You just gave the best point against yourself /thread

#40 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

I can see both sides of the punt decision, but this isn't the first time Rivera has passed on a 50 yard attempt. He should have gone for the jugular and attempted it, IMHO. It would have fit a lot better with the attacking aggressive style he said he wanted to play.

#41 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

I would have kicked the FG to guarentee the win. If he misses it, trust in your defense. Didn't we do that anyways?

same post...

And I for one had no faith that our secondary wouldn't give up a TD... They did it right b4 half.

:lol:

#42 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

Hey guys my name is Patrick Peterson...

You're lucky I wasn't catching that punt at the 10 yard line.

Ciao ciao.

#43 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

I've noticed this about Rivera through the first 3 weeks:

The man is not a fan of kicking, be it XPs or FGs. He just doesn't like it. Thanks Nate Kaeding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.