Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did we let go of Kasay?

96 posts in this topic

Posted

This is the NFL. If your kicker can't kick a 50 yard field goal, he has no business in this league.

Posted

Kasay was released for painful, but obvious reasons.

Let it go already.

Posted

Sooo, you guys still think Mare has a better leg? lol

Posted

Mare has a pretty strong leg.

That's Rivera's call, but it has nothing to do with Mare's leg strength, he has a stronger leg than Kasay.

They both have 41 fgs made over 50 yards, even though Kasay has played 6 more years.

Mare is better.

lol mare has a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better leg than kasey .

That

Kasay was cut because 1)Mare can do kick-offs 2) They're career stats are nearly identical. I understand fan loyalty but let it go and educate yourself on the finer points of football decision making. You're probably the same idiot I play that goes for it on 4th and 6 in your own territory down three points in Madden...

yea about that...

Posted

Sooo, you guys still think Mare has a better leg? lol

They are pretty close honestly.

Why was that FG blocked? i didn't get to see a replay.

Posted

OK just saw it. That was certainly not on him.

Posted

Did some of you even watch the play? Dude got across the line before Mare could get a decent shot at kicking it.

Posted

fug Kasay. Damn Saint.

Posted

Did some of you even watch the play? Dude got across the line before Mare could get a decent shot at kicking it.

couldn't use search before. this is more about the season as a whole now and how now its almost expected to be a miss.

Posted

Mare has a pretty strong leg.

It is very strange that he is one of the best on kick offs, but his career long field goal is 54 yards. That is pretty sad for a NFL kicker. That record kick was back in 1999. I think he has a weak leg because his range for a NFL kicker is awful. However, he must compensate for this on kick offs when he gets a 10 yard running start.

If you have every kicked a soccer bowl this makes sense. Kicking a soccer bowl from a stand still versus getting a running start is a whole different ball game.

Posted

Kasay is 4/7 from 40 - 49. His range is doubtful as well. Plus he doesn't do kickoffs.

Could Baker have done kickoffs?

Posted

kickoffs aren't even hard to do anymore..