94 replies to this topic

#16 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

I don't really get the play calling there. If Baker would've pinned them inside the ten or the five, then the play would've definitely made sense. But, I don't see how you don't go for the win, especially when you've signed a guy because he has incredible leg strength.

I know, I know, the field was wet. But, you go for the win.

#17 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,235 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

We let go of Kasay, to sign a kicker with a weak leg. If we still had him, I bet you we would have 22 points on the board instead of 16. It really hurts us when we can't get automatic 3's anymore.

How many touchbacks does Mare have?

how many kicks has he missed?

If Kasay was our kicker there is no reason to believe Kasay gets a chance at those opportunities.......and we have less touchbacks

#18 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

The coaches wouldn't let Kasay attempt those kicks, either. Mare's leg is about 20 yards stronger than Kasay's.

It has nothing to do with leg strength, those were dumbass decisions.

fixed.

#19 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,973 posts

I'm pretty sure the field conditions and weather had alot to do with the decisions.....damn, we win, get over it.

#20 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,450 posts

doesn't mean he's as accurate as Kasay. Kasay's accuracy and leg strength is better.

Yes, he is. They both have almost the exact same career accuracy.

Stop being emotionally attached, Kasay isn't a Panther anymore.

#21 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

You let go of Kasay, for someone who you can't trust to make 50+ field goals when Kasay could make them? And wtf happened at the end? You have zero confidence in your kicker to make a short FG from that range?

Even with the best kicker in the league that is a terribly risky call to make, with a 6 pt lead and a very wet field. The jags would gain tremendous field position and there would be quite a bit more time on the clock if they missed the FG. They did the right thing. Push them back to the 20 with less than a minute to go. The jags took the field and made huge gains, but ran out of time. Imagine if they would have started on the 50 and had a full minute to burn. Taking in to account the....performance... of this team today, I wouldn't trust our team to succeed with such a risky call... they might get lucky... but they played so terribly today... better to stick with the safer options.

Edited by StepandFetch, 25 September 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#22 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,661 posts

How many touchbacks does Mare have?

how many kicks has he missed?

If Kasay was our kicker there is no reason to believe Kasay gets a chance at those opportunities.......and we have less touchbacks

I could give 2 poos about touchbacks if that means we are taking points off the board. Kasay gives us 22 points today if he's still on the team.

#23 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,661 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Even with the bast kicker in the league that is a terribly risky call to make, with a 6 pt lead and a very wet field. The jags would gain tremendous field position, and there would be quite a bit more time on the clock. They did the right thing, and they won.

It was a short FG that Kasay would definately make without a question.

#24 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

I don't get it either. I understand the philosophy behind it, but the O wasn't playing well enough today to warrant leaving those points on the field. Don't like it. BTW, Kasay has been killing it Aintsland.

#25 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

seriously, you guys are dumb. it's not a matter of mare not being able to make the kicks, it's about field position. it's not a gimmie by any means, on a crappy field in crappy conditions, and if he misses it they get the ball on the 40. captain's BS pass interference call would have given them the ball on like the 10.

it was the smart call, and right move. quit your bitching people. my god.

#26 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

This punt coverage team has shown an inability to down the ball inside the 5 and that was held up yet again on Captain's whiff. They suck at doing it, LET MARE KICK IT!

#27 Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

You let go of Kasay, for someone who you can't trust to make 50+ field goals when Kasay could make them? And wtf happened at the end? You have zero confidence in your kicker to make a short FG from that range?

That's why you don't coach pro football. Was it my imagination or every time someone made a step a puddle of water shot out everywhere? Really attempt a long field goal when your giving a rookie 1 minute to go the length of the field with the game on the line after they already had their bullshit moment of the game before halftime? Brilliant!:cam:

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,450 posts

They both have 41 fgs made over 50 yards, even though Kasay has played 6 more years.

Mare is better.

#29 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

And the first 50 yarder that they passed up went into the end zone with a 10 yard penalty attached for a net of....6 yards.

#30 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,661 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

That's why you don't coach pro football. Was it my imagination or every time someone made a step a puddle of water shot out everywhere? Really attempt a long field goal when your giving a rookie 1 minute to go the length of the field with the game on the line after they already had their bullpoo moment of the game before halftime? Brilliant!:cam:

The long range field goal was before the rain there genious. The short range field goal was after the rain. Kasay still would've made both I believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.