Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Jax got screwed by the refs?

Botched replay that negated a 60 yard run at the goalline.

Bogus PI that should have been Offensive.

Despite that AND a bad offensive day we STILL won.

#47 mercules20

mercules20

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Yeah Carolina fans called a 33-10 blowout and Cam looked regular as hell like I said he would now everyone's mad hahaha ya'll lucky Jacksonville's defense didn't pick off the 3-4 passes they should of but that's because Jacksonville ain't that good yet.

Carolina 5-11 season.

and yo gabba gabba isn't a rookie?

#48 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,289 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

^ This

How a Jags fan could say with a straight face that THEY got screwed by the refs is beyond me.

#49 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Its raining Cammy Cam Juice!!!!! The heavens are talking to us. Cameron will build us an ark!

lol thought that was funny

#50 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

Yeah Carolina fans called a 33-10 blowout and Cam looked regular as hell like I said he would now everyone's mad hahaha ya'll lucky Jacksonville's defense didn't pick off the 3-4 passes they should of but that's because Jacksonville ain't that good yet.

Carolina 5-11 season.

Punctuation, dumbazz. Find you some.

#51 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Don't forget the review of the Jax catch right there at the end where the nose of the ball clearly hit the ground prior to the Jax receiver completing the catch.

#52 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

meh the refs were bad all around - the way that last challenge was handled was terrible.

#53 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Refs didn't have OTA's. They had a short training camp as well

#54 DRubi15

DRubi15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

meh the refs were bad all around - the way that last challenge was handled was terrible.

Do the Jags not know after a completion the clock still runs? or because of the challenge the clock has to stop? whats the rule with this? The NFL needs to clean this one up because the last 16 seconds of this game was kind of....eh...I would have been pissed if that situation had been us.

#55 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

I thought the clock should be reset to the point they stopped and it continues to run if it was a catch. He didn't get out of bounds

I coulda sworn the ball touched the ground though

#56 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

Do the Jags not know after a completion the clock still runs? or because of the challenge the clock has to stop? whats the rule with this? The NFL needs to clean this one up because the last 16 seconds of this game was kind of....eh...I would have been pissed if that situation had been us.

my issue with it was this:
they let the jags line up, and literally immediately before the snap they challenged it. instead of calling for a challenge immediately, like 5 seconds had run off the clock and the Jags had set up their play and were about to go.

then, they didn't reset the clock to where it was when the completion was made, which they should have done. the reason? because if the pass was ruled an incomplete, the clock would have gone to the time of the incompletion.

there was obviously confusion, as the Jags center was not expecting to need to hike the ball instantly, but it was just poorly handled on all sides.

Also, there were a number of "uh, wtf?" calls on both sides of the ball for both teams. The refs were just awful all around. I felt like the refs were the ones that decided that game - on many plays - instead of letting the players do it, and that's a problem imo.

#57 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

At the podium Cam never said I won it for my team. He said the team won. That is what happened today.

For two weeks the offense put up good numbers but lost. Today, the offense struggled but the defense stepped up and bought the offense enough time to get the job done. This is what team work is all about.

In order for this team to win going forward the defense have to do their part. Cam and the offense cannot get the job done alone.

#58 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

it's a team sport for a reason, but in many games there comes a time when a quarterback has to step up and make a play to put his team over the top.

Cam may not have been pretty today but he stepped up when it mattered.

#59 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Well, u guys got screwed also...We won't count the amount of wrong calls u got while in the endzone the past two games.

#60 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

my issue with it was this:
they let the jags line up, and literally immediately before the snap they challenged it. instead of calling for a challenge immediately, like 5 seconds had run off the clock and the Jags had set up their play and were about to go.

then, they didn't reset the clock to where it was when the completion was made, which they should have done. the reason? because if the pass was ruled an incomplete, the clock would have gone to the time of the incompletion.

there was obviously confusion, as the Jags center was not expecting to need to hike the ball instantly, but it was just poorly handled on all sides.

Also, there were a number of "uh, wtf?" calls on both sides of the ball for both teams. The refs were just awful all around. I felt like the refs were the ones that decided that game - on many plays - instead of letting the players do it, and that's a problem imo.

In that situation you don't review the play until after the offense sets up. Otherwise you're giving them free time that could potentially effect the outcome. Never, should you use a review to allow a team to gain time that's not there.

So in other words you allow the offense to get back to the line before blowing the whistle. This way once you start the clock back you can effectively overlap where the clock would have been running originally when they setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com