• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

In that situation you don't review the play until after the offense sets up. Otherwise you're giving them free time that could potentially effect the outcome. Never, should you use a review to allow a team to gain time that's not there.

So in other words you allow the offense to get back to the line before blowing the whistle. This way once you start the clock back you can effectively overlap where the clock would have been running originally when they setup.

But that's not what it does - it doesn't effectively overlap anything because you let an offense get set, recognize the defense, then you force them to do it all over. In your argument, they should review it at the time the other team gets to the line and gets set, not 5 seconds after like they did.

Jags center screwed up by not realizing the time though.

Edited by mav1234, 25 September 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#62 DRubi15

DRubi15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

In that situation you don't review the play until after the offense sets up. Otherwise you're giving them free time that could potentially effect the outcome. Never, should you use a review to allow a team to gain time that's not there.

So in other words you allow the offense to get back to the line before blowing the whistle. This way once you start the clock back you can effectively overlap where the clock would have been running originally when they setup.

How could the Jags not know the rule and how the clock is operated? Big time error I guess by their center / coaches. They thought the clock was not supposed to roll until they snapped that last play.

Edited by Jackofalltrades, 25 September 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#63 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

anyways Cam did a great job on that drive so not trying to take away from him, I just wish the refs would get out of the way of games sometimes... on both sides of the ball. there were a ton of questionable calls.

#64 rubberpantz

rubberpantz

Trevor, let's go, smokes!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

In 14 years we will sit back and remember Cams 1st comeback game when he is in Canton

doesn't that mean he only has a 9 year career before the 5 year waiting period to get into the HoF? i hope he plays longer than that!

#65 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

Yeah Carolina fans called a 33-10 blowout and Cam looked regular as hell like I said he would now everyone's mad hahaha ya'll lucky Jacksonville's defense didn't pick off the 3-4 passes they should of but that's because Jacksonville ain't that good yet.

Carolina 5-11 season.

Shouldn't you be fuging your sister while your two-disc special edition DVD of Deliverance is playing in the background or something?

#66 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,279 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

So goatsampson, do you refrigerate The Golden Calf of Bristol's cum to keep it fresh or what is your preference for semen storage?

#67 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,851 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

it's a team sport for a reason, but in many games there comes a time when a quarterback has to step up and make a play to put his team over the top.

Cam may not have been pretty today but he stepped up when it mattered.

Can I get an Amen to that?

#68 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Yeah Carolina fans called a 33-10 blowout and Cam looked regular as hell like I said he would now everyone's mad hahaha ya'll lucky Jacksonville's defense didn't pick off the 3-4 passes they should of but that's because Jacksonville ain't that good yet.

Carolina 5-11 season.

Yeah,the Jags are lucky the Panthers' defense aren't that good yet either cause they could have easily turned a couple of those Blaine fumbles and that intercept into tds or fgs for the team.

Cam is in good company being "regular." Why does he have to throw up spectacular numbers every week? Winning with field goals is still a darn win cause someone has to move the ball.

Edited by footballisasport, 25 September 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#69 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

what happened to 500 yards versus the puny Jags defense? clowns. LOL

It's called trash talking...get a life or stop watching the darn sport.

Edited by Jackofalltrades, 25 September 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#70 goatsampson

goatsampson

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Looks like some people are angry LOL

The Golden Calf of Bristol is a bible thumping idiot who has no business playing QB in the NFL and I thank his Jeebus that Jacksonville's front office wasn't stupid enough to draft him and instead drafted a great player in Tyson Alualu.

You're really saying the Jags are lucky they didn't recover the fumbled snaps? Did you not see the 3 dropped INTs Cam threw?

Face it, most of you guys predicted absolute domination because the Jags defense was "garbage" and "way worse than Green Bay" and you end up disappointed even with a fuging win.

I predicted a close game and said I had no idea who would win and that's what happened. The Jags are in the same boat as you guys, rookie QB taking their lumps, this was the Jags rookie's first start and he made some plays and looked like a rookie the rest of the time, same with Cam.

Both teams are 1-2, neither has room to talk any trash about the other. I just thought it was funny how wrong most people were about this game thinking the Panthers were going to absolutely throttle Jacksonville and it simply didn't happen and most of the game the Panthers fans were all bitching because Cam wasn't throwing for 500 yards.

#71 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Cam had a bad game. It happens to everyone. He left probably over 100 yards of passing out on the field with some inaccurate passes and another 60 or so on a call that was questionable. In the end the guy got it done with a scoring 4th QTR drive.

Neither team played really well. Any given Sunday. Predictions are made on best case scenario. It's hard to predict a bad game. Who would have thought Brady would have thrown 4 INT's today? It's been a pretty raunchy day to be a QB in the NFL this Sunday.

Also I'm not really sure who was bitching b/c cam wasn't throwing 500 yards? Come on. Quit talking out of your ass.

#72 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,338 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

In my lifetime, I've seen plenty of games won by teams that looked awful for most of the game, but brilliant for one small space of time.

That's football.

#73 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

tl;dr

#74 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,851 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

tl;dr

cya

Edited by Kevin Greene, 26 September 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#75 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:29 PM

In 14 years we will sit back and remember Cams 1st comeback game when he is in Canton

In 14 years? That means Cam is retired after 9 years. I HOPE TO GAWD that is not the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com