Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you attribute to Cams shaky start today...

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Playcalling had nothing to do with missing wide open receivers.

Agreed Jack. Not sure how that could be based on playcalling. I don't even agree with the comments some made about his foot. He stepped into his throws & ran with it. I did not see him favor that foot at all.

Posted

Playcalling had nothing to do with missing wide open receivers.

Cam's foot is why I think he was inaccurate today, but we kept calling pass plays down the field when Cam was struggling instead of more screens or short passes or more runs. So yes play calling had it's share in why Cam struggled.

Posted

His foot and bad play calling

His foot yes, the one draw play didn't dictate the game, get over it.

Posted

First cover 2 look this season. Must win. Rookie. In that order.

Posted

He's a rookie first off. Also though the Jags had more film on him Though I didnt think it was so much their D tha he was just off, every QBs has those days. Not sure the ankle was bothering him at all. Though he was really off early he had a few that were bad drops in 2nd qtr then the rain.

Posted

just being a rookie, had to come back to earth at some point. Him missing wide receiver had nothing to do with the play calling so don't blame Chud. Yea there were some bad play calls but no offensive coordinator is perfect.

Posted

His foot...? Seriously.. you can't be serious.

Posted

I would say the weather had a lot to do with it. When is the last time Cam played in a monsoon? Or has he ever? And if he had a bad ankle, the weather would make it worse.

Regardless, he did seem to eventually adjust and by the 4th qtr, most of his throws were on target.

Posted

His foot yes, the one draw play didn't dictate the game, get over it.

Point out where I mentioned the draw play. Here's a hint: I didn't.

Posted

His foot...? Seriously.. you can't be serious.

I agree. There was nothing that wrong with his foot to explain such off the mark throws. QB's playing in boots are more accurate than this.

I think you gotta give some credit to his critics about his accuracy here. It's still up and down it seems, and honestly I'm thinking it was a mental thing. Pressure got to him.

I think he just went back to throwing off his backfoot, and arching his back, not because his foot hurts, but because that's always been his issues. He went back to bad habits and mechanics he needs to work on.

Although you also have to wonder how much the rain affected his vision considering he was wearing a visor.

Posted

Yeah, I would say the main problem was the rain. It was ridiculous. Without it I would guess he makes at least 300 yards through the air.

Posted

Cam's foot is why I think he was inaccurate today, but we kept calling pass plays down the field when Cam was struggling instead of more screens or short passes or more runs. So yes play calling had it's share in why Cam struggled.

You don't know anything about Cam's foot and it's lingering effects, if there any. Speculation presented as fact is still speculation.