Photo
- - - - -

What do you attribute to Cams shaky start today...

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

First cover 2 look this season. Must win. Rookie. In that order.

#17 Cam El

Cam El

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationVirginia

He's a rookie first off. Also though the Jags had more film on him Though I didnt think it was so much their D tha he was just off, every QBs has those days. Not sure the ankle was bothering him at all. Though he was really off early he had a few that were bad drops in 2nd qtr then the rain.

#18 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

just being a rookie, had to come back to earth at some point. Him missing wide receiver had nothing to do with the play calling so don't blame Chud. Yea there were some bad play calls but no offensive coordinator is perfect.

#19 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

His foot...? Seriously.. you can't be serious.

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

I would say the weather had a lot to do with it. When is the last time Cam played in a monsoon? Or has he ever? And if he had a bad ankle, the weather would make it worse.

Regardless, he did seem to eventually adjust and by the 4th qtr, most of his throws were on target.

#21 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,065 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

His foot yes, the one draw play didn't dictate the game, get over it.

Point out where I mentioned the draw play. Here's a hint: I didn't.

#22 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

His foot...? Seriously.. you can't be serious.

I agree. There was nothing that wrong with his foot to explain such off the mark throws. QB's playing in boots are more accurate than this.

I think you gotta give some credit to his critics about his accuracy here. It's still up and down it seems, and honestly I'm thinking it was a mental thing. Pressure got to him.

I think he just went back to throwing off his backfoot, and arching his back, not because his foot hurts, but because that's always been his issues. He went back to bad habits and mechanics he needs to work on.

Although you also have to wonder how much the rain affected his vision considering he was wearing a visor.

#23 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Yeah, I would say the main problem was the rain. It was ridiculous. Without it I would guess he makes at least 300 yards through the air.

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,760 posts
  • LocationNC

Cam's foot is why I think he was inaccurate today, but we kept calling pass plays down the field when Cam was struggling instead of more screens or short passes or more runs. So yes play calling had it's share in why Cam struggled.

You don't know anything about Cam's foot and it's lingering effects, if there any. Speculation presented as fact is still speculation.

#25 edromeo

edromeo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

However, he was shaky a lot of they with overthrowing guys, what do you attribute it to?

o Too amped up
Cam was 'wild high' early on and often when a QB is wild high they're too pumped

o I'm not sure when it started raining but it could have been a factor
(I was flipping back on forth between a bunch of games)

#26 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

who really cares its not like anyone could read his mind during the game so we will never know. Now lets just hope he puts up a tad better performance next week.

#27 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,065 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

You don't know anything about Cam's foot and it's lingering effects, if there any. Speculation presented as fact is still speculation.

Look at the thread title genious. It's asking what you think made Cam not look good. EVERYONE here is speculating. You don't know if he was having just a rookie moment or if his foot was really bothering him either.

#28 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

50% water all over the field, 50% reality. Cam cannot throw for 400 yards every week. He is a rookie.

Even though he 'came to Earth' today, he still played well enough to help us get the win, with 158 yards passing 1TD and 0 INTs, though a few of them were close...

Cam has been fantastic.

#29 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Probably seeing a 4-3 cover defense making him unsure of his throws and thinking too much on wide open throws.

#30 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Early in the game, the rain was not as crazy as it got, but I wondered even early in the game weather Cam's grip was affected by the rain. I know this doesn't make a ton of sense, since he has huge hands, but since his accuracy was 'way' off well before the rain got bad, it just made me wonder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com