#61 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

you're no stranger to straw men

When you take a piss, the word irony must spontaneously form out of the foam in the bowl.

#62 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

after you take a piss, you demand the long form proof that that piss actually came from your body, or if it was placed in the bowl by the illuminati

#63 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

after you take a piss, you demand the long form proof that that piss actually came from your body, or if it was placed in the bowl by the illuminati

:lol:

That's actually funny.

#64 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

That's actually the point. A stutter/slip/whatever doesn't really deserve any more than a confused look, if that. However, we know a White Christian Racist Devil wouldn't get such common sense treatment.

This is the first issue. You made a pretty big truth claim (indicated by "we know") and have nothing to back it up (other than a few studies). You can find all the articles and studies you want, but to say something conclusively exists, you must have irrefutable evidence. Considering Fox News is pretty far right-leaning, to say that "media is liberal biased" is inaccurate, as you did not quantify it with "some." By not quantifying it, it is to be read that you think ALL media is liberal biased. Then, after all this, you ask Cantrell which side has more racists (or something to that effect) and continuously beg him to answer it, as if you have some grand point to make. It is an unanswerable question, as it is hard to know exactly how many of every kind of people are REALLY racist. Furthermore, it has nothing to do with the conversation. Finally, it is a feeble attempt at a straw-man.

Somebody sucks at recognizing a logical fallacy. Not to say any names, Blackcatgrowl, but I'm just sayin', bro.

Edited by XLightsOutX, 27 September 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#65 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

have nothing to back it up (other than a few studies).

So is that something? Or is it nothing?

Uh... ya... I'll take UCLA's political science research study as evidence.

#66 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

in case anyone is wondering, blackcatgrowl's ucla study identified the drudge report as a left leaning media outlet

#67 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

in case anyone is wondering, blackcatgrowl's ucla study identified the drudge report as a left leaning media outlet

You identify Obama as a Republican, what's the problem?

#68 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

So is that something? Or is it nothing?

Uh... ya... I'll take UCLA's political science research study as evidence.

Ever heard of argument from authority or popular appeal, jackass? That is what you are doing.

And who'da thunk it? TWO logical fallacies in ONE post by BCG!

Edited by XLightsOutX, 27 September 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#69 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

You identify Obama as a Republican, what's the problem?

obama's policy is that of a 1990s republican, yes. most people who can look beyond the color of his skin and the D beside his name would agree

your study is fuged if it considers drudge "left leaning" but let's face it, you just googled "liberal media bias study" and posted whatever the fug came up

#70 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

obama's policy is that of a 1990s republican, yes. most people who can look beyond the color of his skin and the D beside his name would agree

your study is fuged if it considers drudge "left leaning" but let's face it, you just googled "liberal media bias study" and posted whatever the fug came up

Again...looking for "evidence" that supports your argument while ignoring all "evidence" to the contrary as lies, corruption, etc. is yet another logical fallacy.

Assuming you did this, BCG, you are really out-doing yourself.

#71 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Ever heard of argument from authority or popular appeal, jackass? That is what you are doing.

And who'da thunk it? TWO logical fallacies in ONE post by BCG!

The reason I'm not going to sit here and post "evidence", is because we have been ALL over that many times before here. I'm not going to necro a thread, or produce a work of research paper when it is readily available for you to search for, and has been researched by professionals already. It's also a point of common sense to me as well... just turn on CNN and watch it for an hour or two. That should be evidence enough.

If you're curious or are really interested in the discussion follow this link.

http://www.youtube.c...media bias&aq=f

Watch the plethora of videos, and come to your own conclusion.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 27 September 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#72 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

nah dude fug that youtube link just go by the study that says the drudge report leans left.

free republic must be centrist and stormfront must be center right.

#73 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

The reason I'm not going to sit here and post "evidence", is because we have been ALL over that many times before here. I'm not going to necro a thread, or produce a work of research paper when it is readily available for you to search for, and has been researched by professionals already. It's also a point of common sense to me as well... just turn on CNN and watch it for an hour or two. That should be evidence enough.

If you're curious or are really interested in the discussion follow this link.

http://www.youtube.c...media bias&aq=f

Watch the plethora of videos, and come to your own conclusion.

No, because you don't ACTUALLY want me to do that. You want me to watch them and come to YOUR own conclusion about it (evidenced by the fact that you have staunchly defended it with logical fallacy after logical fallacy). Otherwise, I am just a "liebtard" or whatever the hell you might call people. I watch the news. There is some bias both ways. The GOOD ones are usually pretty split down the middle, at least part of the time. As Cantrell posted, anything not exclusively right is left of right...so, at some point, ALL media is left-leaning (save for Faux news).

Continue to not be able to build a logically sound argument.

#74 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

No, because you don't ACTUALLY want me to do that. You want me to watch them and come to YOUR own conclusion about it (evidenced by the fact that you have staunchly defended it with logical fallacy after logical fallacy). Otherwise, I am just a "liebtard" or whatever the hell you might call people. I watch the news. There is some bias both ways. The GOOD ones are usually pretty split down the middle, at least part of the time.

Continue to not be able to build a logically sound argument.

I don't care what the fug conclusion you come to.

But saying "OMG Logical fallacy" when I am saying something you don't like or don't want to hear isn't proving or disproving anything. You're just trying to stereotype the available information into something you can refute.

#75 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

Of course they are. Most people who've replied are party cultists.

Can you imagine the outrage if Perry or Romney had a Freudian Slip with the N, S, or F word in context which was negatively stereotypical of these groups?

We'd have outrage. We'd have pages of trollish flaming. The Tinderbox would most likely explode.

But their man said it, so it is casually ignored. Kind of crazy sickening.

don't act like this poo doesn't repeat itself every four years. We are all guilty of it. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.