171 replies to this topic

#166 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Truth stings, doesn't it?

you are the one needing to answer that one lol. it is you vs the huddle, you are getting your one minor shining moment, too bad it is a moment that makes you look considerably ignorant.

#167 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

You have repeatedly stated Peppers was the best DE in the nfl last season without posting a shred of proof minus your opinion, several advanced DL metrics disagree with you, as well as just looking at the stats he was above average.

agree. he had flashy stats with 2 picks and a pro bowl appearance. But Charles Johnson led the league in QB hits and Hurries I believe, and still had more sacks and tackles than Pep. You could make a very good argument that Johnson was the best DE in football last year, and that was playing on maybe the worst DLine in football.

#168 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,892 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

You have repeatedly stated Peppers was the best DE in the nfl last season without posting a shred of proof minus your opinion, several advanced DL metrics disagree with you, as well as just looking at the stats he was above average.

I said he was the best 4-3 DE in the NFL last season. If you don't think he was......who do you have over the 2010 All Pro/Pro Bowler.

I mean you are referencing your advanced stats.....stats don't tell the whole story but that sounds to me like you are suggesting Charles Johnson was better overall. If that is your claim then to me....it suggests you are strictly looking at numbers and didn't watch him play last year.

I don't think Johnson's 2010 season was the most impressive from a DE in Carolina history.....IMO that is what it would take to top Peppers last year. Peppers was much better than his stats would indicate last year.

But I if you want to argue against my opinion without naming anyone.....I don't see the point in continuing to discuss it.

#169 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

I said he was the best 4-3 DE in the NFL last season. If you don't think he was......who do you have over the 2010 All Pro/Pro Bowler.

I mean you are referencing your advanced stats.....stats don't tell the whole story but that sounds to me like you are suggesting Charles Johnson was better overall. If that is your claim then to me....it suggests you are strictly looking at numbers and didn't watch him play last year.

I don't think Johnson's 2010 season was the most impressive from a DE in Carolina history.....IMO that is what it would take to top Peppers last year. Peppers was much better than his stats would indicate last year.

But I if you want to argue against my opinion without naming anyone.....I don't see the point in continuing to discuss it.

I think you just pulled the pro-bowl card? name recognition plus popularity contest hardly reflective of performance.

I watched him quite a bit, saw him get handled by TE's and give up on plays, typical of himself.

#170 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,892 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

I think you just pulled the pro-bowl card? name recognition plus popularity contest hardly reflective of performance.

I watched him quite a bit, saw him get handled by TE's and give up on plays, typical of himself.

All Pro.

Like I said, give me a better 4-3 DE if you want to claim Peppers wasn't......that is only fair. If you want to kick from the spot I put him at who are you replacing him with.....who was the best.

#171 john mcclane

john mcclane

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

To be a Top 5 in the league, you actually have to play like it. You can't just be it because of the first part of your statement. This fanbase hasn't exactly seen many great DE's so I guess that's another reason why they overrate Peppers.

Also, FWIW, Reggie White is the greatest DE to ever put on a Panther's uniform. Obviously he didn't have his best days here, but still, to be correct on the technicalities. Although it appears we have a good many people here who would take Peppers over Reggie because, after all Peppers is a "freak"!!!

bruce smith calls bulls**t

Edited by john mcclane, 27 September 2011 - 03:16 PM.
oh i see put on a panthers uni ok sorry but still peppers is awsome. i think that your unc hate is at the root.

#172 Rush23

Rush23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Oh yay!

Another thread down playing how good peppers is.

Grow up, get a clue, and stfu.

Couldn't agree with this anymore. Bear fans love the guy and we're aware that he's worth every single penny.

My brother used to try and justify that Charles Johnson > him but, has since recognized his faulty logic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.