171 replies to this topic

#106 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

If someone says Cole isn't arguably one of the best DE's in this league, they should be put on ignore, because chances their, that kind of stupid just might be contagious.

#107 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Yes im such a homer, and i know NOTHING except for what the panthers do?
get out of here dude, trent cole? really? when you have better ones to choose from like

DeMarcus Ware
Mario Williams
Abraham

and ill even give u freeney, even tho he is nothing but a pass rusher and he has mathis to take double teams as well

and theres alot of 3-4 OLB who are better then trent cole/tuck with there hand in the ground lmao.

Matthews
Dumervil
Harrison
Orakpo

just to name a few

DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams are OLB's, Derp McDerpson.
Additionally, i've already listed Williams as a better DE, when he is in that position.
if you wanna start listing OLB's as pass rushers in the conversation with Peppers, you're opening up a whole new can of worms and julius is going to fall even farther. i purposely ignored 3-4 OLB's to begin with so there would be an even playing field, but adding them to the conversation drops Pepper's even farther. You aren't helping your argument.

#108 jks85

jks85

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

he is good, he is not elite (cole that is)

#109 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams are OLB's, Derp McDerpson.
Additionally, i've already listed Williams as a better DE, when he is in that position.
if you wanna start listing OLB's as pass rushers in the conversation with Peppers, you're opening up a whole new can of worms and julius is going to fall even farther. i purposely ignored 3-4 OLB's to begin with so there would be an even playing field, but adding them to the conversation drops Pepper's even farther. You aren't helping your argument.

Sorry i had to add them in because there is hardly any DEs that compare to Peppers, And DeMarcus Ware and Williams both are a hand in the dirt OLB by the way.

#110 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

man feelings get in the way logic. catsgrowl, ive noticed this with you numerous times. you gotta be female right?

That would make a lot of sense, actually..

#111 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

one person does not win the super bowl :out:

Exactly my point.

In Carolina, for whatever reason, though paid millions of $$s, he played when he wanted to play. He still does.

The Panthers can win the ball game Sunday and they can handle Julius, lesser teams have done it.

#112 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

Exactly my point.

In Carolina, for whatever reason, though paid millions of $$s, he played when he wanted to play. He still does.

The Panthers can win the ball game Sunday and they can handle Julius, lesser teams have done it.

Jared Allen shows up in every game per Panther fans unlike Peppers....b/c Beason tweeted about him.

Did anyone watch Allen last year.......he would go entire games and you wouldn't even know he was on the field. It happens to all 4-3 DEs.

#113 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

All Cat'sGrowl has proven in this thread is that he has a strong baseless opinion, sticks to it, and pulls out a "herp derp" at times where it doesn't even belong other than his own mind...

Basically, I didn't say anything about him being native to NC, or anything else he said I said...

lol, no wonder I stopped posting in the Panthers forums when jackasses like him came aboard...

#114 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

he is good, he is not elite (cole that is)

That would be a false, my good man. Trent Cole is one of the premier DE's in this league. You can research that yourself if you like.

#115 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

That would be a false, my good man. Trent Cole is one of the premier DE's in this league. You can research that yourself if you like.

Cole is underrated and very good.....and a top DE in the NFL. But a Peppers he is not.

#116 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Cole is underrated and very good.....and a top DE in the NFL. But a Peppers he is not.

I disagree. Cole has outproduced Pepper's almost every season since he came into the league five years ago, and, like Peppers will draw double teams and will do all the extra curricular things a DE can do and do them well.

I just can't grasp where this notion that Pepper's is all world is coming from. He's great, but he isn't premier. People like to ignore the production and say that Peppers' greatness comes from the other things he does, but nothing else he does isn't anything that other great DE's don't do. It's not like he's been a freak in coverage, he hasn't been a top 5 pass rusher, he's never excelled against the run, and while he has drawn double teams and created that presence on the field, he has never been strong enough to beat them consistently.
Some will say that you gameplan "around" him, but that isn't a trait that is unique to him. Most offenses do that, they attack the side of the field with the weaker players. Julius isn't unique in his ability to do that, it's rather commonplace.

#117 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

um besides the fact he plays the run well, and can pick a ball off and crib your ass at 6'7 290. not to mention his bag of moves to get to the qb dude is a monster.

#118 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

I disagree. Cole has outproduced Pepper's almost every season since he came into the league five years ago, and, like Peppers will draw double teams and will do all the extra curricular things a DE can do and do them well.

I just can't grasp where this notion that Pepper's is all world is coming from. He's great, but he isn't premier. People like to ignore the production and say that Peppers' greatness comes from the other things he does, but nothing else he does isn't anything that other great DE's don't do. It's not like he's been a freak in coverage, he hasn't been a top 5 pass rusher, he's never excelled against the run, and while he has drawn double teams and created that presence on the field, he has never been strong enough to beat them consistently.
Some will say that you gameplan "around" him, but that isn't a trait that is unique to him. Most offenses do that, they attack the side of the field with the weaker players. Julius isn't unique in his ability to do that, it's rather commonplace.

No, Cole hasn't taken over games to the degree Peppers did in Chicago last year.....and that doesn't show up on a stat sheet.

as far as your stats go...

Past 3 seasons (recent history)- Cole missed 1 game in those 3 years, Peppers 0.

Cole - 5 forced fumbles
Peppers - 13 forced fumbles

Cole - 0 INTs
Peppers - 4 INTs

Cole - 4 passes defended
Peppers - 19 passes defended

Cole - 31 sacks
Peppers - 33 sacks

Cole - 157 tackles (solo)
Peppers - 119 tackles

So you are claiming Cole right now is superior to Peppers? Recent history in the NFL both watching the games and the stat sheet shows Peppers makes more plays.

Edited by CRA, 26 September 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#119 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

Cole
46 tackles 5 sacks 1FF
Pep
50 tackles 10.5 sacks 2FF

Cole
62 tackles 8 sacks 1FF
Pep
57 tackles 13 sacks 3FF

Cole
77 tackles 9 sacks 2FF
Pep
51 tackles 14.5 sacks 5FF

I wouldn't say Cole outperformed Pep almost every season

#120 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

No, Cole hasn't taken over games to the degree Peppers did in Chicago last year.....and that doesn't show up on a stat sheet.

as far as your stats go...

Past 3 seasons (recent history)- Cole missed 1 game in those 3 years, Peppers 0.

Cole - 5 forced fumbles
Peppers - 13 forced fumbles

Cole - 0 INTs
Peppers - 4 INTs

Cole - 4 passes defended
Peppers - 19 passes defended

Cole - 31 sacks
Peppers - 33 sacks

Cole - 157 tackles (solo)
Peppers - 119 tackles

So you are claiming Cole right now is superior to Peppers? Recent history in the NFL both watching the games and the stat sheet shows Peppers makes more plays.

The passes defensed are impressive, but the picks and the fumbles? How much of that isn't just luck? Catching a tipped ball? Forcing a fumble?
They are impressive numbers, but they can't be directly attributed to skill.

The tackles can..and the margin there is impressive, You could make the argument they are running away from Peppers, but they are doing the same thing to Cole as well..

Technically Cole has 31.5 half sacks over the past 3 seasons, and if you go back 4, he blows Peppers out of the water, as that was his 2.5 sack stat year (just to address that part of the stat sheet you listed)

Edited by Cat'sGrowl, 26 September 2011 - 08:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com