8 replies to this topic

#1 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

New Jersey Devils (46-20-3) vs Carolina Hurricanes(36-28-7)
7:00 PM EST FSC

Martin Brodeur will have the night off.

The Canes are currently sitting at the 8th slot in the playoffs with 11 games left, this is a must win for the Canes. The Canes are coming off a tough shootout loss to the Capitals. Staal is currently on a roll right now and we play the devils two more times the rest of the way out.

Ward will be in net for the Canes while an old friend Kevin "Shady 80" Weekes will be in for the Devils.

Prediction:
3-2 Canes

#2 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

I was hoping Weekes would get the start tonight. this could give us a shot to win this one.

#3 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

Weekes is no pushover goalie...But he should be more succetiple to our pass-pass-pass-shoot-score attack than brodeur would....we gotta have two points tonite and one tommorow or we may be in trouble

#4 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Also we have 2 games of importance Both Montreal and Florida are playing tonight. I finally get to watch a game so I will try and update you on those games as well. Im sure Tripp and John will be as well during each break. Florida plays Toronto while Montreal has Ottawa. We need these 2 points so bad. Go Canes!

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

sweet a nice 4-2 win for the canes. One point back of 6th and 3 back of Philly for 4th. Sitting at 81 points tied in 7th place.

Edited by carpanfan96, 19 March 2009 - 12:11 PM.

#6 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

Sorry all i thought it was thursday. No other eastern conference games tonight. What a win. Is it just me or does Pitkanen just look so smooth out there. He never really looses his position and is always making the play. We need to follow this up with a huge win over the islanders friday! Go Canes

#7 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

I was impressed to see the canes come out of the gate on fire. I dont think any goalie in the league stood a chance against us tonite... I hope we can keep it going and secure our playoff berth maybe move up further in the standings

#8 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

Weekes has been a career backup for a reason. We dont win this game if Broduer plays. I feel like if we can go 2-1 over the next three games that we will start to put some distance between us and buffalo. I think its funny 3 years ago when we traded Danny Richmond for Anton Babchuk the "brains" over at ESPN said this would kill our D's future. It may have taken sometime to get there but the kid has such a great future. He has a canon shot and is a smooth skater. Between Pitkanen, Babchuk, Gleason and Seidenberg weve got a great young core of defensemen to go along with the solid vets Corvo and Walin.

#9 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:31 AM

Glad they won. Don't think I could have handled another three loss week with as close to the bubble as the canes are in the standings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.