Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armanti Edwards

366 posts in this topic

Posted

He did indeed, but that doesn't mean I wasn't nervous. Trust me I want him to break one every time he gets it. He just hasn't shown enough consistency yet.

Posted

Maybe he's not shown any consistency because he's had no blocking.

The one time he got some decent blocking yesterday he had a 15 yard return that set up the winning drive

Posted

The kid caught all those punts in a fuging hurricane, some of you guys need to give it a rest.

I asked about him at WR. He did do a good job fielding punts

Posted

I asked about him at WR. He did do a good job fielding punts

I wasn't talking about you, just the people still complaining about him returning punts, he's done well and he hasn't had any blocking at all, he had some room yesterday for the second time in three games and he had a 15 yard return.

Posted

Totally different situation..Armanti was a college QB that has improved his game a lot. The guy couldn't even catch a punt 10 months ago and now he returns our punts...that should say something.

Jarrett couldn't learn the playbook and got 2 DUIs...

Or... Armanti just isn't going to make it. He ran with the ball a lot in college and would dazzle the fans. He's yet to dazzle anyone yet on punt returns. Yes, he has less time to do something with the ball, but if he's such a talent as people say he is, I think we'd have seen something so far and we haven't.

Posted

I'm talking about consistency catching the ball. Once he's got it he knows how to get up field.

Posted

He almost broke his last punt return. Rivera has already said that they have five receivers, 3 wide outs and 2 tight ends. He's got 3 guys in front of him. Still not sure why Nannee is still getting all the number 2 reps or why he's still even playing but whatever. Give LaFell all of Nannee's reps and then let Armanti and Legedu split the number 3 reps.

Posted

He doesn't have the frame to play in the NFL. He has a short torso and his legs are like toothpicks. He won't be in the league for long.

Ajirotutu should be getting reps.

This might be the most uninformed comment I've ever read.....

Posted

The kid is not going to get better in games if he doesn't get the game practice/reps like the others. Everyone else gets the chance to get experience/make mistakes in games. . . last year and this year, why not Armanti? Some of you have mentioned that you get nervous when he gets ready to return punts. . . I do too, but not for the same reason as you folks. I know that if anyone else drops a ball, fumbles, etc., it's o.k.(and it happens all game long).But if Armanti drops a ball or bobbles a punt, some of you guys jump on him like rabid dogs and it's the end of the world. . . he's no good, cut him, sit him on the bench. For whatever reason, he is held to a higher standard. If he is not perfect on every touch, he's a bust. Who else on this team(or any other team) has this pressure or is expected to perform at that level? I say give him the same opportunities and chances to make mistakes as the others and let him learn and build on it - - - like the others. Even Cam is forgiven for a helluva lot due to lack of experience.

But, if you will note during a lot of the punts, the kicker kicks away from Armanti and makes him run them down. He must be doing something right. . . just sayin.....!!! He'll be fine and will be an asset to this team if allowed to make mistakes and be forgiven like everybody else!!!

Posted

Blah blah blah, herp derp hurr durr.

I concur

Posted

Anyone see the press conference yesterday?

Posted

If Hurney dispatched his boy Brown, who we gave up a #1 draft pick for. Why haven't we gotten rid of Armanti?

B/c you touch yourself at night. I found out after I did your mom