Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't expect Lawson tomorrow

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I am getting sick of this. It is a stubbed toe. Get your butt out there and play. He came back for one f-ing reason and that was to win the national title. I don't care if it is Radford, it is the NCAA Tournament, get your a** in the game. Obviously it is Roy call, but if I'm Lawson I am telling him that we win it all with me in there.

No. He came back cause he wasn't getting drafted high.

Posted

you guys don't think you're being a little bit too harsh on ty? He ONLY played against duke because they gave him a shot in his toe to relieve the pain. Roy said that he will NOT ever do that again to a young person. If you just say he's whining cuz it's only a big toe then you have no idea what you are talking about. Your toe is a big deal in athletics, see Ladanian Tomlinson. He had a hurt toe and he struggled with it the WHOLE season. For Lawson it has only been a couple of weeks. Having said that, hopefully he will be back ready to play saturday. I think he will be but I don't think he will be at 100% at all during the tournament. But Lawson at 80% is better than the other point guards we have at 100%.

Posted

you guys don't think you're being a little bit too harsh on ty? He ONLY played against duke because they gave him a shot in his toe to relieve the pain. Roy said that he will NOT ever do that again to a young person. If you just say he's whining cuz it's only a big toe then you have no idea what you are talking about. Your toe is a big deal in athletics, see Ladanian Tomlinson. He had a hurt toe and he struggled with it the WHOLE season. For Lawson it has only been a couple of weeks. Having said that, hopefully he will be back ready to play saturday. I think he will be but I don't think he will be at 100% at all during the tournament. But Lawson at 80% is better than the other point guards we have at 100%.

Drew looked good yesterday in extended minutes

Posted

Drew is looking better. At least he can penetrate the lane every once in a while and he's starting to get some nice assists.

For the record, I haven't given up on Lawson either, but I have made my peace with the possibility that he won't be back to 100% in this tournament.

The good thing is that the team is getting more used to playing without Lawson anyway, so they may actually be better than people think, even if he doesn't play at all.

Posted

Right now Lawson is listed as a game Time Decision for the LSU game.

Posted

They just announced he will play.

Posted

Doesn't look like Lawson will be coming back into the game.

Posted

Doesn't look like Lawson will be coming back into the game.

haha... Ty just showed why he is ACC POY! Go Heels!

Posted

haha... Ty just showed why he is ACC POY! Go Heels!

yes he did, now how is he going to play against Gonz, they were killed by WKU guard play so we should be able to do the same.