47 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Maybe you should read the rest of my posts before you say that. I make personal attacks against G5 because reason and intellectual honesty have no effect.

And FYI - we ALL make personal attacks here, it's a sign of affection. Except for G5, he really is an idiot.

You should just stop at

I have no idea of the inner workings

because you're exactly right.

And look at the details of what IS known and make a determination. If this administration/congress were MORE transparent and honest with the American people...this could've been avoided. Now we know WHY they didn't want people reading this before it was rushed to be signed...AND have the great One's signature on it despite his guarantees of seeing bills before they're signed.

and on his campaign website...

http://www.barackoba.../issues/ethics/

but keep on keeping on making ME the issue because you're purposefully ignorant to what you know is right. Making me the strawman doesn't change the fact Obama/Geitner/Dem Congress could've been MORE OPEN and prevented a lot of this nonsense. Things could've been worded differently to where AIG could've compensated work not finished without attempting to bypass tax laws through bonuses. But no...we HAD to sign this damned bill or the world would collapse.

Go ahead...make ME the issue again you freaking mind-numbed liberal piece-o-crap.

Edited by g5jamz, 19 March 2009 - 12:47 PM.

#17 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

:lurk5:

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

G5 14, CWG 10....we'll be right back for the kickoff

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

What this ALSO tells me is that we have a lazy media.

The MEDIA should've scoured the bill after it was passed/signed and these specific AIG bonus exemptions found and presented to the American people...then Senators/congressmen should've been grilled over exactly why the wording was there. Did anyone see anything like that?

The media is LAZY.

#20 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

The MEDIA should've scoured the bill after it was passed/signed and these specific AIG bonus exemptions found and presented to the American people...then Senators/congressmen should've been grilled over exactly why the wording was there. Did anyone see anything like that?

The media is LAZY.

Hang on, shouldn't Bush or Cheney or any number of people in his administration have scoured over this bill and pointed it out, he did sign it right?

#21 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hang on, shouldn't Bush or Cheney or any number of people in his administration have scoured over this bill and pointed it out, he did sign it right?

No...you're confusing things. The Dodd exemption was debated only amongst democrats in the closed door meeting between Obama/Reid/Pelosi/dem senators and congresspeople/and 3 RINOS...Spector/Snowe/Collins.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,703 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

Haha it must be nice to get a break on who you don't want to recognize...face it, if the Republicans had any real interest in making things right they would have had better representation - but then you'd have nothing to cry about.

I call DINOS on all of my guys!

#23 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

I'm sorry, wake me up when Obama condones torturing people. lol @ any bush supporter demanding anything.

lol

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,703 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

The media is LAZY.

The media and the dems....boy how did we ever get into this mess in the first place when the Republicans were in control? It's a miracle I tell you!

It's like a broken record:

1. Dems
2. Media
3. Fannie Mae/Poor People
4. ACORN
5. Bill Ayers

Pick the highest one you can and yell.

Maybe the Republicans in More Than Name Only could have found out about this? Were they doing their job? You didn't even mention them - or that, let's see, according to your source it was THE MEDIA that found out about and reported this! Here is the original article:

http://www.time.com/...1886138,00.html

And of course your HOT AIR "source" convieniently forgot to add this part of the article:

Geithner's supporters argue that the AIG bailout was pulled together in less than one business day and that it's understandable that the bonus issue was not central to those negotiations. They also argue that in subsequent negotiations with AIG and others about further infusions of government cash, Geithner has imposed tough conditions limiting bonuses and executive compensation.

Or maybe, just maybe, the thing that I have pointed out repeatedly to you - that the Administration and the Treasure did not want lawsuits to get in the way of implementation - had something to do with all this? That maybe they were smart enough to keep a loophole open for these types of issues while getting the package done? Other people have stated here that in the big picture, this stuff, while distasteful, is a pittance of what is actually happening. To you, it's not about trying to save the economy from the bad management practices and excesses encouraged during the last decade, it's about telling us how bad the people trying to fix it are, so you can somehow appear smart.

Keep feeding us hot air.

#25 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

The media and the dems....boy how did we ever get into this mess in the first place when the Republicans were in control? It's a miracle I tell you!

It's like a broken record:

1. Dems
2. Media
3. Fannie Mae/Poor People
4. ACORN
5. Bill Ayers

Pick the highest one you can and yell.

Maybe the Republicans in More Than Name Only could have found out about this? Were they doing their job? You didn't even mention them - or that, let's see, according to your source it was THE MEDIA that found out about and reported this! Here is the original article:

http://www.time.com/...1886138,00.html

And of course your HOT AIR "source" convieniently forgot to add this part of the article:

Or maybe, just maybe, the thing that I have pointed out repeatedly to you - that the Administration and the Treasure did not want lawsuits to get in the way of implementation - had something to do with all this? That maybe they were smart enough to keep a loophole open for these types of issues while getting the package done? Other people have stated here that in the big picture, this stuff, while distasteful, is a pittance of what is actually happening. To you, it's not about trying to save the economy from the bad management practices and excesses encouraged during the last decade, it's about telling us how bad the people trying to fix it are, so you can somehow appear smart.

Keep feeding us hot air.

Meh. Field goal.

G5 14, CWG 13

#26 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

This is the democrat's baby...and they're are proving to be either 1) incompetent or 2) baldfaced liars. And you are jumping over tables to help defend them....good for you.

I really don't understand why people from each party like to point fingers at people of the other party and say "See, because of him/her, we are right!"
Both parties have people who have proved to be 1) incompetent 2) boldface liars and 3) corrupt.

Both parties are guilty. But they use the "blame game" as a tactic to confuse the public so that they don't realize what both parties are getting away with.

I see all current politicians who are in it for 1) the power 2) the money 3) greed.

I would love to see one of them in it because they want to actually, ...um, I don't know, maybe make the country better?

There's an idea.

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

I really don't understand why people from each party like to point fingers at people of the other party and say "See, because of him/her, we are right!"
Both parties have people who have proved to be 1) incompetent 2) boldface liars and 3) corrupt.

Both parties are guilty. But they use the "blame game" as a tactic to confuse the public so that they don't realize what both parties are getting away with.

I see all current politicians who are in it for 1) the power 2) the money 3) greed.

I would love to see one of them in it because they want to actually, ...um, I don't know, maybe make the country better?

There's an idea.

John McCain

#28 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,875 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

There's an idea.

Too bad we will NEVER see this from our government.

#29 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,722 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Ater reading this whole pile of TIHS thread, all I could think of was...

[ame][/ame]

#30 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

John McCain

unfortunately, there was one slight problem.....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.