NorthTryon

Pay The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

Don't know if this been posted, but here's some links from CSNChicago:

Urlacher: "Cam won't run me over like Culpepper did"

“No disrespect to Cam but I don’t think he’s going to run me over like Daunte would,” Urlacher said. Newton was last year’s Heisman Trophy winner and Urlacher joked that he’d like a chance for a little fun with Newton.

“I hope I get a chance to run with the football,” Urlacher said, laughing, “so I can give him the Heisman [pose].”

Bears getting ready to welcome Olsen back to town (ff to 1:09)

Chicago Tribune Live panel discusses how the Bears are going to game plan against Cam; Rivera v. Lovie match-up

CSN Chicago's Tom Thayer breaks down Cam

CSN Chicago's Kip Lewis and John Moon, previews Sunday's match-up

Lovie: Bears facing uncharted waters with Newton

“It’s like rushing [former Viking quarterback] Daunte Culpepper back in the day,” said defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli. “Sometimes when you get close, you go for the ball. You’re always looking for the ball. It’s easier knocking the ball out sometimes than knocking these guys down.

“But you’ve got to wrap him up, go high, get on the arm. You go around his waist and he stands up, and you’re not hustling getting a bunch of men to him, he’s going to complete passes. He’s just tough to get down. You’ve got to get the arm and the ball.”

#2 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

That's dynamite poo talk there Urlacher: "I used to get run over by a very mediocre quarterback years and years ago. GET SOME!!!"

#3 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

#4 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

well, I don't have a problem w/ Urlacher talkin.....but that is retard logic. Culpepper was big but never close to the power runner Cam is. If Urlacher can't acknowledge that simple and relatively trivial fact......he probably deserves to get embarrassed at least once on Sunday.

#5 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

if cam can break Clay Matthews' ankles, imagine what he'll do to Urlacher

#6 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Please let them keep talking, and comparing Cam to other lesser QBs.

#7 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:23 AM

#8 Shotgun

Shotgun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

No need to run over Urlacher ,one head fake and Urlacher will be in the dirt watchin Cam run by.

#9 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

Urlacher is my favorite player who plays today. His lateral quickness and nose for the ball are second to none, I do expect him to sniff out any of the poorly designed quarterback draws. Now after saying that, I know that Newton could deliver the blow to bowl him over but I do not want to see our franchise doing that on the field. Stop the designed runs and give the ball to a running back!

#10 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Really? Article entitled 'Hard feelings for Olsen?' from CSN Bears Insider...

“Winning” offense

Based on what members of the Bears’ defense are seeing, the Chicago offense can most assuredly be successful, probably on every snap. Then again, it should be, considering it’s not facing the Falcons, Saints or Packers.

"They're going against the scout team,” said linebacker Lance Briggs, laughing, “so when I see them, they're always successful."

The rest of the article....

#11 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

Good. Let them overlook us.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

I don't think you understand that quote. He's saying that during practice that they look great, but only because they are going against their practice squad, not against a real defense.

#13 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

I don't think you understand that quote. He's saying that during practice that they look great, but only because they are going against their practice squad, not against a real defense.

Yea, I read it a few times to make sure that I wasnt misunderstanding the few sentences. Its easy to take something that small and go either way, but its what the writer said about the other teams that leaned me towards the derogatory. My interpretation was 'The Bears' O should be successful considering theyre not facing teams that 2 of 3 they were unsuccessful against'...

There is always the other side, and I considered asking if it was the way I first read it...

#14 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

“Yes, he is a rookie,” said middle linebacker Brian Urlacher, “but he’s playing at a high level for a rookie. He’s playing at a high level. He’s playing better than most quarterbacks who have been in the league for however long.

http://www.chicagobe...p?story_id=8203

#15 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

http://www.chicagobe...p?story_id=8203

And....

“He would be impressive if you’re talking about him as a veteran football player with what he’s been able to do,” Smith said, “picking up a new offense, and they have a multiple offensive set they’re running.

“You can talk forever about most of the stuff he’s been doing has never been done. But to go without an offseason and for a rookie to come in and make the plays and be able to handle an offense like that, no one has ever done it like this, so we’re in uncharted waters right now with him.”

Damn I like hearing this kind of stuff about a Panther's QB, even if it's pregame 'pump him up into complacency' talk. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com