Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthTryon

The Viewpoint from Chicago

41 posts in this topic

I don't think you understand that quote. He's saying that during practice that they look great, but only because they are going against their practice squad, not against a real defense.

Yea, I read it a few times to make sure that I wasnt misunderstanding the few sentences. Its easy to take something that small and go either way, but its what the writer said about the other teams that leaned me towards the derogatory. My interpretation was 'The Bears' O should be successful considering theyre not facing teams that 2 of 3 they were unsuccessful against'...

There is always the other side, and I considered asking if it was the way I first read it...

And....

“He would be impressive if you’re talking about him as a veteran football player with what he’s been able to do,” Smith said, “picking up a new offense, and they have a multiple offensive set they’re running.

“You can talk forever about most of the stuff he’s been doing has never been done. But to go without an offseason and for a rookie to come in and make the plays and be able to handle an offense like that, no one has ever done it like this, so we’re in uncharted waters right now with him.”

Damn I like hearing this kind of stuff about a Panther's QB, even if it's pregame 'pump him up into complacency' talk. :D

1 person likes this

Urlacher's seen a few good Quarterbacks in his time, too.

Oh no! Bears players and beat writers being confident! The hell you say! I swear, some beat writer somewhere else could say our helmets are ugly and some of you would take offense.

1 person likes this

Oh no! Bears players and beat writers being confident! The hell you say! I swear, some beat writer somewhere else could say our helmets are ugly and some of you would take offense.

You're such a bully. I bet you live uptown, too.

Best lookin uni's in the league.. Say somethin different and Ima go teh fug off...

Nah, UB, my post just fit the thread, aint nobody takin offense. Well, I aint anyway...

You're such a bully. I bet you live uptown, too.

I need to change my name. I live in Brooklyn now. I still have a bulldog as well. Brooklyn Bully. I like that.

I just have a feeling we are going to stomp the Bears into the ground this year. Every time we play the Bears they smack talk us and say there better and in the past Fox kept the games close so it didnt hurt there feeling much. This year I think Rivera lets us stomp them into the ground without mercy.

They sure can cover our own team more then Panther local media covers them.

all I know, is I long for the day to see us dominate a team on offense like we did to the Bucs on MNF in 2008. Not sure we will that this year....but I can't wait for Cam to go off one day w/ a complete game.

I'm really glad we have a group of players who keep their mouth shut(publicly), and that's why we're gonna be their asses.