Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious question for Obama voters

95 posts in this topic

Posted

McCain voters are my fellow prisoners. The good thing is that the Sarah Palin posters are starting to come down off the walls due to the smell of the propelled goo on them 5 months after the election.

Posted

McCain voters are my fellow prisoners. The good thing is that the Sarah Palin posters are starting to come down off the walls due to the smell of the propelled goo on them 5 months after the election.

Sarah Palin, John Edwards, Joe Lieberman, Jack Kemp, Dan Quayle, Lloyd Bentsen, Geraldine Ferraro....

I fail to see how Palin stands out from this crowd. Other than a bunch of "enlightened" liberals who couldn't stand to see a successful Christian woman running for office. Or, to be more precise, running on a ticket.

Posted

Am I 100% satisfied so far? No. Am I intelligent enough not to make a snap judgement after 2 months and look at the big picture and see America will be better off in the long run with him? Yes.

Posted

:iagree:

Posted

Am I 100% satisfied so far? No. Am I intelligent enough not to make a snap judgement after 2 months and look at the big picture and see America will be better off in the long run with him? Yes.

I don't think we know that it WILL be better...His policies don't seem to bare that out. Wait 'til everyone is paying another 150-200 bucks for utility bills. Not too mention the higher gas prices as the oil companies are going to pass expenses right down to consumers. Inflation is coming.

Posted

I don't think we know that it WILL be better...His policies don't seem to bare that out. Wait 'til everyone is paying another 150-200 bucks for utility bills. Not too mention the higher gas prices as the oil companies are going to pass expenses right down to consumers. Inflation is coming.

I believe your utility bill fear is a little unwarranted....I think in the next 5 years you'll see solar panels on peoples houses and allowing them to contribute back to the grid.

Posted

I believe your utility bill fear is a little unwarranted....I think in the next 5 years you'll see solar panels on peoples houses and allowing them to contribute back to the grid.

I hope you're right, though I have to say I'm rightfully skeptical when he is steadfastly opposed to us building more nuclear power plants.

Posted

That's one area where I disagree with the guy I voted for. Nuclear power is a well established and well regulated form of power generation. Not to mention a safe one as well. Sure, it takes much longer to erect a nuclear plant than it does to install a solar panel or wind turbine, but the comparative power generation capabilities are much greater. If only they would invest more heavily in that pesky waste storage problem...

Posted

That's one area where I disagree with the guy I voted for. Nuclear power is a well established and well regulated form of power generation. Not to mention a safe one as well. Sure, it takes much longer to erect a nuclear plant than it does to install a solar panel or wind turbine, but the comparative power generation capabilities are much greater. If only they would invest more heavily in that pesky waste storage problem...

We could wean ourselves off of oil much more quickly with nuclear power than any other alternative source.

Posted

Absolutely. We finally see eye to eye on something. What progress!:hurray:

Posted

Absolutely. We finally see eye to eye on something. What progress!:hurray:

If I can change...and youze can change....everybody can change!

We need a Rocky smiley.

Posted

One more thing, just reviewed the Leno interview and it struck me that in order for plug-in hybrids to be part of a solution, the electricity absolutely must be generated by nuclear power plants. Otherwise, they contribute to the already growing dependency issue.