Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious question for Obama voters

95 posts in this topic

Posted

So how did the ones we already have get put up? The Mayans?

the last one was built 40 years ago. about the time of the meltdown in michigan and the whole 'china syndrome' thing.

Posted

They either need to build new, or invest in new reactor bodies and heads for these existing plants because IIRC most existing plants' licensing has already been extended past the original timeframe (or maybe 'lifetime' is the proper term) of original equipment. Don't read that as "the existing equipment poses a serious safety risk" but more as the original equipment has outlasted their expectations. Buuut, everything has a finite lifetime and must be replaced eventually.

I would post links for what I've said above, but I learned that info from my father, who refueled reactors around the world for years. I'll see what I can find.

Posted

Two points....

1) If you can figure out if obama has done a good job in two months of a four year(will be 8 year) Then u need to get on tv on sun mornings and state your opinion...As bad as the economy was and still is it is going to take time to fix..

2) There are only two clean energy sources...Hydroelectric and windmills...however nuclear power when it is properly run and maintained is a fantastic source of power...think of all those sailors in subs with nuclear power...think they be there if it was not safe....i would love to have a nuclear power plant near my house b/c my energy costs would go down and jobs would become availible

Posted

Two points....

1) If you can figure out if obama has done a good job in two months of a four year(will be 8 year) Then u need to get on tv on sun mornings and state your opinion...As bad as the economy was and still is it is going to take time to fix..

2) There are only two clean energy sources...Hydroelectric and windmills...however nuclear power when it is properly run and maintained is a fantastic source of power...think of all those sailors in subs with nuclear power...think they be there if it was not safe....i would love to have a nuclear power plant near my house b/c my energy costs would go down and jobs would become availible

Those of us who are complaining about Obama are doing so because we expected him to come to the center after winning the election. We told you he was far left when he was running and you told us he would come to the center. Instead, he has handed things off to people like Pelosi and Geithner with very alarming results. For years you guys criticized Bush for things like not being on top of the Katrina situation. Well at least he was in Washington and not on the Tonight Show. Obama needs to be in D.C. working with Republicans. He hasn't figured out that the majority of people who voted for him were actually simply voting for the party that didn't give us Bush. He thinks he's a freaking rock star or something. Hey dipshit, just run the country and leave the Tonight Show appearances to non world leaders. He thinks he's still campaigning.

Posted

dippoo?

Posted

Two points....

think of all those sailors in subs with nuclear power...think they be there if it was not safe....

agree with you except on this.... Yea, i'm pretty sure they'd be there.

Posted

Those of us who are complaining about Obama are doing so because we expected him to come to the center after winning the election.

nooooooooooooooooooo you are not. you're doing so because you're bitter he whopped your pansy boy's ass in the election, and you would be crybabying the same if any democrat won.

obama could've fixed the economy already and the same people would be looking for things to bitch about.

Posted

nooooooooooooooooooo you are not. you're doing so because you're bitter he whopped your pansy boy's ass in the election, and you would be crybabying the same if any democrat won.

obama could've fixed the economy already and the same people would be looking for things to bitch about.

I think McCain would have been a much better president. But I also realize that vegetables are a harder sell than ice cream. American voters always go for the taller, more virile looking candidate, character be damned.

Only in America can a message board dweeb call someone who went through five years of hell for his country a pansy boy. These are the people who supported Obama, it won't take take them long to jump off his bandwagon.

Posted

Only in America can a message board dweeb call someone who went through five years of hell for his country a pansy boy.

INTERNET! serious bidness.

And to be fair, he could be posting from anywherez.

Posted

It does sound wrong, but it's for the better of everyone evolved. We could have had some significant advances with actual well funded stimcell research. Which was almost completely killed by bush. Now we have the chance to reverse that and see if we can't actually find some cures for some major illnesses.

If we go to a government controlled medical system then you can kiss all of the medical advancements that the US comes up with year in and year out goodbye. Then where will they come from and who will pay for them because you don't see nearly as many new breakthroughs coming from other countries. I learned this from my bro who's in the medical field.

Posted

character be damned.

remind me again which one cheated on his wife and got reprimanded by the senate ethics committee?

btw, unless vietnam is his country, he didn't actually do anything for his country. his country was over here trying to end an unjust war at the time. that's like saying people in iraq are fighting for america, when the war has nothing to do with our interests.

Posted

Two points....

Someone needs to do more research. You forgot solar. Also wave power, but that can also be considered hydroelectric. There is also lab grown algae that produces extremely low toxic emissions in regards to diesel fuel. Yes you are right though, nuc power is very safe but it poses the question of "what to do with spent fuel rods?" Geothermal energy is one of the best solutions in areas where it is available.