Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The myth of the new coach success.

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Did you look at any of the previous records?

For example, The Cardinals were 5-11 before Wisenhunt lead them to 8-8. 3 game difference, meaning Rivera only has to lead this team to 5 wins to get him on your list.

Posted

Which do you want...we have no chance to win games, or we are competing every game?

I want to win games.

Posted

We had a bad lots of things last season.

We had poor coaching and a poor coaching staff. Everything else is very good or good enough to compete.

Happy Panther is right, "new coach" is no excuse, as was illustrated in the OP. When we factor in that two other excuses-rookie QB and new system-have been nothing but advantageous to us-the excuses for our losing record are wearing pretty thin.

Posted

Did you look at any of the previous records? or the rankings of any of the teams as far as offense and defense?

Yes I looked at all the records. Plenty of big time turnarounds in the first year.

Posted

Well if all of those coaches had come in to the exact same situation, you might have an argument, but they didn't. Hell, every one of those guys had extra practices, compared to the veteran coaches, while Rivera actually had practice time taken away from him.

And once again, we're only going in to week 4. We have no idea how good this team can be going forward or what their final record will be.

Posted

Well if all of those coaches had come in to the exact same situation, you might have an argument, but they didn't. Hell, every one of those guys had extra practices, compared to the veteran coaches, while Rivera actually had practice time taken away from him.

The other new coaches in 2011 are doing just fine.

Posted

So the logic you are applying is that the positive win loss record of a handful of coaches all in different situations with different factors HAS to be the same for ALL new coaches or if not that those coaches completely suck?

Posted

So the logic you are applying is that the positive win loss record of a handful of coaches all in different situations with different factors HAS to be the same for ALL new coaches or if not that those coaches completely suck?

No. Try again.

Posted

The other new coaches in 2011 are doing just fine.

We will see just how fine they are a month from now. Your whole premise is that things can change fast in the NFL, so it's pretty weak to be making this thread after 4 games.

Posted

The 49ers have beaten two awful teams (Bengals, Seahawks) beaten one overrated team (Eagles) and lost to another overrated team (Cowboys).

I wouldn't proclaim Harbaugh a great success just yet.

Posted

Just a quick observation, but outside of a few teams, it seems like a lot of teams that got a new coach and had a poor record (Lions, Bucs) are the ones that are now looking good. Where as the new coaches that had a good record (Colts, Cowboys, kind of Steelers) look to be on the downside.

Schwartz had nothing like us, and is building it into a solid team that's undefeated right now. Rivera is starting with little, and getting us very competitive.

Coaches that got lucky, seem to have inherited an older team and are now fading away a bit.

This is all in week 4 though, so we'll see how things keep going.

Posted

If you expected a 10+ win season, and playoffs...yes, your expectations were to high. You drank to much of the cam juice.

While playoffs is possible, it's highly doubtful.

I knew the first half of our season was going to be rough.

Even though wekve been in every game, it doesn't raise my expectations.

Of course, i still want the team to win every sunday, my expectations are tempered/realistic.

I still believe we'll have a strong second half to our season.

There is certainly a lot to be excited about.

The team isn't far from turning the page.