Photo
- - - - -

Israeli troops acted humanely and justly in Gaza strip

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

oh wait of course they didn't

One account tells of a sniper killing a mother and children at close range whom troops had told to leave their home.

Another speaker at the seminar described what he saw as the "cold blooded murder" of a Palestinian woman.

The army has defended its conduct during the Gaza offensive but said it would investigate the testimonies.

The Israeli army has said it will investigate the soldiers' accounts.

The testimonies were published by the military academy at Oranim College. Graduates of the academy, who had served in Gaza, were speaking to new recruits at a seminar.

"The climate in general... I don't know how to describe it.... the lives of Palestinians, let's say, are much, much less important than the lives of our soldiers," an infantry squad leader is quoted saying.

In another cited case, a commander ordered troops to kill an elderly woman walking on a road, even though she was easily identifiable and clearly not a threat.

One non-commissioned officer related at the seminar that an old woman crossing a main road was shot by soldiers.

"I don't know whether she was suspicious, not suspicious, I don't know her story… I do know that my officer sent people to the roof in order to take her out… It was cold-blooded murder," he said.

of course none of this was reported because the american media was taking guided tours by Israeli soldiers into staged altercations while the IDF was dropping white phosphorous into cradles and blowing up the UN headquarters.

remember that if you openly support israel you openly support a terrorist state!

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,039 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Couldn't you very easily replace the word Israeli with Palestinian?

#3 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

Couldn't you very easily replace the word Israeli with Palestinian?

I guess if you don't understand proportionality and kept yourself willfully ignorant irt what was happenng you could compare the idf to Hamas but that's really your territory so I don't know.

#4 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

I shouldn't be surprised though you'd be blasé about this consdering your journalistic pied piper advocated the death of Palestinian civilans in the nyt and consequently committed a war crime.

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

pro-israel bias in the media is undeniable.

It really is bewildering how so many people can willfully ignore what israel has always been, and what it has become.

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,039 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

And yet Hamas continues to do the rocket hand jive, knowing full well the outcome.
But here is the approach both sides of brought on each other.

#7 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

Oh look pstall is making excuses for blatant oppression and imperialism again.

What makes this argument fun is if you substitute other situations throughout history and see how little sense it makes.

yeah well maybe if the algerians hadn't celebrated what they assumed was their impending freedom the French wouldn't have leveled setief

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,039 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

Thanks Mr.Ad Hoc aspersion.
It takes two to tango. Perhaps the leaders of Hamas should play more games of RISK to figure out winning strategy's.
Imperialism. Ha ha.
You have liberal brainwashing 101 going on. Next stop an Eagle Badge.
Your boy Marcuse would be proud. Hook line and sinker.
But Palestine has no culpability here. They are caught in the drive by with no provoking, involvement or say.

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

Imagine that...war crimes during a "war".

I'm sure you can find acts of inhumanity in ANY conflict. But I struggle to see how Israel actively supports from it's military generals these sorts of acts. Seem like squad-level decisions for the most part.

I mean...maybe...call me crazy...maybe Fiz would appreciate the Israeli military more if they simply fired unguided rockets into Gaza and used teens and children to run into Palestinian schools or buses to blow themselves up.

#10 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

And like clockwork pstall acuses me of being liberal, as if even if I were that would somehow disprove my points.

Until you read something other than newsweek you're never going to understand what the israelis have been doing to the palestinians now and in the past, you'll never understand why first world armies are supposed to act differently, and you'll never understand that the completely ineffective rocket attacks are symptomatic of a society who are trying to prevent their own destruction.

#11 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

and you'll never understand that the completely ineffective rocket attacks are symptomatic of a society who are trying to prevent their own destruction.

No...that would define insanity.

#12 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

Imagine that...war crimes during a "war".

holy poo is this really a "war is hell" argument?

I'm sure you can find acts of inhumanity in ANY conflict.

yep, it is!

But I struggle to see how Israel actively supports from it's military generals these sorts of acts. Seem like squad-level decisions for the most part.

lol hooooooooooooooooly poo

the oppression of palestinians is hardwired into every level of israeli society.

are military flyovers so frequent that organizations exist to give hearing aids to palestinian children a squad level decision?

is the epidemic of malnourishment among palestinian children due to israeli food embargoes a squad level decision?

is destroying their sewage and power systems a squad level decision?

shooting at ambulances?

using precision guided munitions to destroy UN Schools?

a government led by an elected party whos platform is essentially "we're not bombing palestine enough?"

do all of these things REALLY strike you as squad decisions?

I mean...maybe...call me crazy...maybe Fiz would appreciate the Israeli military more if they simply fired unguided rockets into Gaza and used teens and children to run into Palestinian schools or buses to blow themselves up.

yes I clearly love the unnecessary deaths of civilians because I understand that terrorism has a point and isn't just the brown savage people agains the whites BRAVO GOOD SHOW

#13 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

No...that would define insanity.

the rocket attacks obviously aren't going to defeat the IDF.

however, the hope is that they can divide popular opinion about the occupation among the Israeli voters and effect some change. these are tactics that have been used effectively during the 20th and 21st century among oppressed people, starting in French Algeria in the 1940s.

It's their only option, since their people are literally starving, their land is being stolen, and Israel has shown that it has no desire for any legitimate diplomatic process.

#14 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

let me put this another way.

figure out what is arguably Israel's biggest export and you'll see yet ANOTHER reason for it to keep waving its dick around in the middle east.

#15 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

let me put this another way.

figure out what is arguably Israel's biggest export and you'll see yet ANOTHER reason for it to keep waving its dick around in the middle east.

enzyte?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com