Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Israeli troops acted humanely and justly in Gaza strip

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No...that would define insanity.

the rocket attacks obviously aren't going to defeat the IDF.

however, the hope is that they can divide popular opinion about the occupation among the Israeli voters and effect some change. these are tactics that have been used effectively during the 20th and 21st century among oppressed people, starting in French Algeria in the 1940s.

It's their only option, since their people are literally starving, their land is being stolen, and Israel has shown that it has no desire for any legitimate diplomatic process.

Posted · Report post

let me put this another way.

figure out what is arguably Israel's biggest export and you'll see yet ANOTHER reason for it to keep waving its dick around in the middle east.

Posted · Report post

let me put this another way.

figure out what is arguably Israel's biggest export and you'll see yet ANOTHER reason for it to keep waving its dick around in the middle east.

enzyte?

Posted · Report post

I don't buy the argument that the Israelis should be valuing the lives of the Palestinians as much as their own in armed conflict.

But that's rather irrelevant because I don't support the state of Israel or its right to exist at all either way. Period.

Posted · Report post

Maybe Fiz shoulda told Yasser (when he was alive) that going to washington or the UN and moaning about unfair treatment, and demanding peace, then speaking and rebel rousing for Israel's complete and utter destruction, while supporting school bus bombings was probably not the best way to win sympathy.

Posted · Report post

But that's rather irrelevant because I don't support the state of Israel or its right to exist at all either way. Period.

I'll let them know. I'm sure they'll be heartbroken.

Posted · Report post

holy poo is this really a "war is hell" argument?

yep, it is!

lol hooooooooooooooooly poo

the oppression of palestinians is hardwired into every level of israeli society.

are military flyovers so frequent that organizations exist to give hearing aids to palestinian children a squad level decision?

is the epidemic of malnourishment among palestinian children due to israeli food embargoes a squad level decision?

is destroying their sewage and power systems a squad level decision?

shooting at ambulances?

using precision guided munitions to destroy UN Schools?

a government led by an elected party whos platform is essentially "we're not bombing palestine enough?"

do all of these things REALLY strike you as squad decisions?

yes I clearly love the unnecessary deaths of civilians because I understand that terrorism has a point and isn't just the brown savage people agains the whites BRAVO GOOD SHOW

Wow...you're just full of propaganda.

Yeah...hearing aids for kids due to flyovers...not the rockets that just took off in their backyard gardens.

Malnourishment...yeah...maybe they should request Iran to send a ship w/ FOOD instead of armaments. I'm sure there's an embargo on weapons too. Right?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7883295.stm

Sure they weren't destined for Hamas....and I love the analogy the BBC uses in the article you put. Compared to Zimbabwe/Congo...where the government powers OVER the people restrict the food supply in order to control the populace.

Hamas is the problem...and until Palestinians rid themselves of them...these kind of things will continue.

As far as schools and ambulances being targetted...when Hamas stops using people as shield...much like they use suicide bombers and unguided rockets...you might see a change in ROE.

Posted · Report post

Wow...you're just full of propaganda.

Yeah...hearing aids for kids due to flyovers...not the rockets that just took off in their backyard gardens.

Malnourishment...yeah...maybe they should request Iran to send a ship w/ FOOD instead of armaments. I'm sure there's an embargo on weapons too. Right?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7883295.stm

Sure they weren't destined for Hamas....and I love the analogy the BBC uses in the article you put. Compared to Zimbabwe/Congo...where the government powers OVER the people restrict the food supply in order to control the populace.

Hamas is the problem...and until Palestinians rid themselves of them...these kind of things will continue.

As far as schools and ambulances being targetted...when Hamas stops using people as shield...much like they use suicide bombers and unguided rockets...you might see a change in ROE.

Ownage. Fiz is your bitch now.

Posted · Report post

I'll let them know. I'm sure they'll be heartbroken.

Don't recall saying they would care about my opinion.

Posted · Report post

And like clockwork pstall acuses me of being liberal, as if even if I were that would somehow disprove my points.

Until you read something other than newsweek you're never going to understand what the israelis have been doing to the palestinians now and in the past, you'll never understand why first world armies are supposed to act differently, and you'll never understand that the completely ineffective rocket attacks are symptomatic of a society who are trying to prevent their own destruction.

No accusing you of being liberal. Your arguments and staccato retorts are CLASSIC lib psyche. But whatev. I read for goofing off at least 4-6 books a month. Not counting other mags(haven't read Newsweek in 5 years) or blogs or net news sources.

Newsweek. Really. fiz, take what you read and multiply it by 5 when it comes to what I read.

I digest enough financial reports as it relates to geo political trends to make you go for the Biggest Loser Internet Thread Edition. When you read something go ahead and add 3 years to the timeline and you will be where I already will be at.

What Israel exports is irrelevant to this. You don't take a knife to a gunfight.

That alone is cause for an ouster of Hammas.

But despite your extensive vocabulary there is one word you lack. Concession.

Not beers and hot dogs either. But the ability to concede or see another's point. You simply can't do it. Which will serve you well as a laywer in your next life. :driving:

I have forgotten more than you know.

Posted · Report post

No accusing you of being liberal. Your arguments and staccato retorts are CLASSIC lib psyche. But whatev. I read for goofing off at least 4-6 books a month. Not counting other mags(haven't read Newsweek in 5 years) or blogs or net news sources.

Newsweek. Really. fiz, take what you read and multiply it by 5 when it comes to what I read.

I digest enough financial reports as it relates to geo political trends to make you go for the Biggest Loser Internet Thread Edition. When you read something go ahead and add 3 years to the timeline and you will be where I already will be at.

What Israel exports is irrelevant to this. You don't take a knife to a gunfight.

That alone is cause for an ouster of Hammas.

But despite your extensive vocabulary there is one word you lack. Concession.

Not beers and hot dogs either. But the ability to concede or see another's point. You simply can't do it. Which will serve you well as a laywer in your next life. :driving:

I have forgotten more than you know.

Damn, now he's your bitch, too. :D

Posted · Report post

it's pretty accepted that the constant sonic booms from f-16s over gaza has caused over 50% of the child population to have hearing problems. the nightly explosions are considered as a means of turning the people against Hamas, and are also a form of collective punishment which under international law is a war crime.

also it's pretty much accepted that these same sonic booms are causing hearing loss within the child population.

what are you talking about?

do you mean to tell me that when israel stopped the UN from providing food relief they were trying to stop Iran from smuggling weapons? Are you fuging high? When did I mention anything coming from Iran?

Are you really going to try to argue with Human Rights Watch about this?

The UN even states that 80% of Gazan food comes from international aid. Are you going to argue with the UN as well?

You're literally inventing things I've said to argue against because you don't have a foot to stand on.

you're missing the point awfully. regardless of whether or not it's all Hamas' fault, which of course it's not (Israel was stealing palestinian land before Gaza was elected), it's not an excuse for a first world military to go into a failed state and start executing civilians and bombing their civilian infrastructure. If you don't have a problem with that then you're a fascist and you should kindly rid the world of yourself.

you fuging stupid piece of poo do you really think a UN building under international control is being used as a hiding spot? Do you think they're hiding under international aid workers? Were Hezbollah hiding in a UNIFIL outpost when Israel destroyed it in Lebanon? Do you know anything at all besides what you find on redstate?