Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darius Butler?

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How has he been performing? I don't have access nor time to watch replays but how has Butler been in coverage so far?

Posted · Report post

From what I remember he did pretty well. I know for a fact he had a gorgeous tackle, the form was great.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MusikmanLP7']From what I remember he did pretty well. I know for a fact he had a gorgeous tackle, the form was great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah open field tackles, where it's just you one-on-one with the ball carrier is more difficult that it looks. Know the exact play you are talking about and it was a great tackle.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

they didnt throw much sooo i guess he did alright
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He did good, only allowed one 1st down iirc, and that was due to a stumble.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So could he potentially be an answer to our CB depth? If Butler, Gamble, the Captain, and possibly Hogan can lock it down then we may not have to worry about it during the offseason. Does this seem like it could be a legitimate possibility?

Also, after hearing a lot about Kendric Burney, has he played at all. If so, how has he looked?

Thanks for the answers. Points coming.

Posted · Report post

He's done well, but he hasn't outplayed Munny for his job. It's nice having three good CB's.

Man, what could we accomplish with a run D?

Posted · Report post

Burney is on the practice squad.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades']Burney is on the practice squad.[/QUOTE]

Must have missed that. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

I am very interested to see what Hogan can do when he gets healthy.

I want to see him some in the 2nd half of the season. I don't expect a whole lot from him this season (no offseason, OTA, TC, etc). But, I want him to get some reps in preparation for next season.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter']I am very interested to see what Hogan can do when he gets healthy.

I want to see him some in the 2nd half of the season. I don't expect a whole lot from him this season (no offseason, OTA, TC, etc). But, I want him to get some reps in preparation for next season.[/QUOTE]

dying to see that kid play..

Posted · Report post

Butler looked real long and lengthy, but he had a great hit on Forte in the open field. Didn't really see much as far as coverage but I'm glad we have a CB that is able to tackle.