Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darius Butler?

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I bet he takes over the 2 CB spot and munnerlyn goes to nickel..just have a feeling that's how it's gonna go down. it's better matchup wise.

Posted · Report post

After a few games this season I really think our CB situation is looking really good. Captain isn't getting abused by tall receivers (making big plays on the ball with his leaping ability). Gamble is better than ever being allowed to cover one on one and not in a soft zone. Butler looks promising. We have yet to see what Hogan can do. Burney impresses in practice, Stanford could develop nicely too.

Safety depth seems to be our only problem in the secondary. Pugh lets up too many big plays and occasionally takes some really bad angles on ball carriers.

That being said I think the only thing our defense will need next year is a bonafide DT. If we got a Suh or Dareus (or a healthy in shape Kris Jenkins) our defense could really be something special.

Posted · Report post

I bet he takes over the 2 CB spot and munnerlyn goes to nickel..just have a feeling that's how it's gonna go down. it's better matchup wise.

Idk I like captain out there as much as possible. His physical play really throws a lot of top wide outs off their game. Theres a reason why Revis always referred to TO and moss as slouches. I do agree though that capt should move into the slot in our nickel packages, and put Butler on the number 2.

Posted · Report post

I hope the WV kid ends up being a good player. I just dont get why we drafted a player w/ ACL injury..but I hope it works out. Seems like we take a lot of chances in the draft instead of going w/ a sure player. Like I said hopefully it pays off

Posted · Report post

2rddic7.jpg

Posted · Report post

Butler has looked solid. I agree he should be CB2 and let Captain go back to nickel situations. Butler has played better.

Posted · Report post

At corner no news is good news. I suppose he's had solid coverage no big plays given up by him. I think he may be the most solid of our wavier additions. If it's up to me he starts next week and caps back in the slot.

Posted · Report post

I like him, so far. I too am excited about getting Brandon Hogan back.

Posted · Report post

so far so good on Butler. he's a good cover corner and the reluctance to take on ball carriers that NE fans complained about hasn't manifest itself as far as i can tell. a totally useful player. fits the team really well. i'd be interested to see what the young guy, josh thomas, has to offer, but he hasn't seen the field as far as i can tell.

Posted · Report post

he's had a very good first performance, but it's still a very small sample size. we're going to have to see a lot more to know if he is a keeper after the season.

but this last game is a plus for him

Posted · Report post

i wonder why new england didn't want him especially considering their secondary is atrocious. if hes going out of his way to get tips from steve smith hes obviously trying to improve his play and hes real young, not even close to hitting his prime. is new england really that impatient? or is their scheme too complicated?

Posted · Report post

i wonder why new england didn't want him especially considering their secondary is atrocious. if hes going out of his way to get tips from steve smith hes obviously trying to improve his play and hes real young, not even close to hitting his prime. is new england really that impatient? or is their scheme too complicated?

I think sometimes Belichick outhinks even himself. Just like he did with Richard Seymour.