Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama To Hitler, Gets Pulled From 'Monday Night Football'

212 posts in this topic

Posted

which is pretty funny considering you just hit up the billboard chart and listed the first three rappers you saw

yes because I listed Drake, DJ Khaled and Big Sean

Posted

i'm ok with this. the nfl and awful music go hand-in-hand, so this is a step in the right direction. unless they want to bring prince back. i would be ok with that as well.

I rarely watch the intro anyway so I don't really care what they do.

Posted

I have it on a CD and will play it every Monday night before the game starts.

Lol that's funny. Good for you!

Posted

isn't barry sanders that dude that played chef on south park?

Posted

Lol that's funny. Good for you!

It was a joke.

Posted

I like Bocephus and I think he was making an analogy. I really dont get all the hoopla.

MNF intro songs

Metallica For Whom the Bell Tolls

Motley Cure Kickstand my heart

Posted

Posted

They could replace the intro with this guy. amazing country artist

Posted

I hate it when this happens. I don't agree with what he said, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to speak his mind without fear of losing this particular - or any other - source of income.

It'd be like my boss overhearing me talking about politics and firing me because of what I said. I felt the same way over the Rashard Mendenhall remarks back in May. I understand ESPN's side of things, but honestly, I could care less what Hank Williams thinks about Obama; it has zero impact on my enjoyment of MNF or the theme song.

We take political correctness too far these days sometimes.

i think it's actually more due to nationally syndicated pundits making these kind of absurd statements the norm. I agree that people are too sensitive but these kind of non-sensical, attention-***** statements are becoming more and more common.

Should he have gotten fired? Dunno. But he said that to get attention and then wasn't happy with the type of attention he got. So.... meh. I don't care about offensiveness, but I'm not required to tolerate dumbassery.

Posted

lol

Posted

thats just horrible

Posted

just imagine how funny it is being outside..looking in. no wonder so many europeans & others laugh at this country. it is a fugging circus.