Photo
- - - - -

Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama To Hitler, Gets Pulled From 'Monday Night Football'

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#16 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

technically Hitler built Germany into arguably the most powerful nation on the planet at the time and the collective forces of the US, Russia, and Britain bombed it into the ground.

exactly, PCLINE25 is quite ignorant and obviously not educated about much in history. (Yes big generalization there but come on, what a stupid statement he made). Also, hank williams jr is an idiot. That is all.

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

It wasn't a stupid statement really. It was Hitler that caused Germany to be ground up by taking on the world's largest empire (UK), the worlds largest army (Russia), and the worlds biggest economic power (the US) at once. And in the case of Russia and the US, he made the fatal choice to declare war or launch an invasion. Then he completely mismanaged Germany's army so badly that Ike was worried that if the German generals were to succeed in killing Hitler, they might put someone competent in charge and make it tougher for the Allies.

So Hitler did run germany into the ground with incredibly stupid decisions.

#18 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

Come on! Faux news. It never happened.

#19 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Incredibly stupid thing to say. Even worse than the Dixie Chicks, although not as bad as Mel Gibson.

Fwiw, Williams is a country singer, not known as a intellectual. But some of the people that compared Bush to Hitler were academics and statesmen, supposedly intelligent people.

Difference is that while the dixie chicks career tanked, Williams will probably boost.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

It was across the line when it was said about Bush and it's across the line to say it about Obama... but Panthro is right, he has the right to say it and ESPN has the right to fire him.

#21 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

Did not really catch the comparison as such. Well people will make their mountains. He probly don't care anyway. He will ever need work. I remember when MNF was a tradition. I miss it a lot since they have taken it off TV. Oh well, least I get to bed early tonight.

#22 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

FWIW I will miss Rooney too. Passing tribute to a great star.

Edited by jim stone, 03 October 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#23 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,479 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

So glad he said this. Hopefully we'll never have to hear that shit music again on MNF.

#24 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,573 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

It wasn't a stupid statement really. It was Hitler that caused Germany to be ground up by taking on the world's largest empire (UK), the worlds largest army (Russia), and the worlds biggest economic power (the US) at once. And in the case of Russia and the US, he made the fatal choice to declare war or launch an invasion. Then he completely mismanaged Germany's army so badly that Ike was worried that if the German generals were to succeed in killing Hitler, they might put someone competent in charge and make it tougher for the Allies.

So Hitler did run germany into the ground with incredibly stupid decisions.

Thank you for saving me time. :cool:

#25 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

"Are You Ready for sum FOOTBALLL?" Yes, now shut the fug up and start the game jackass.

#26 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

Guys. It's obvious that Hank was hungover as hell from partying in Nashville the night before. I hope no one took that serious. Bitches love the beard.

#27 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

If it wasn't for his dad's name, that boy would have never gotten out of his little trailer

Fact. He's not even really a Jr. His real name is Randall Williams.

He's a living monument to talent skipping a generation.

#28 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

So glad he said this. Hopefully we'll never have to hear that shit music again on MNF.

No doubt, there is a lot of people that do not like his music. I always liked Faith. You do not even have to have sound to appriciate her.

#29 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

Just an analogy. If he said "..It's like seeing Splinter playing pool with Shredder". It would sound the same to me. Soon as the word 'Hitler' comes out, people freak out. I'm not a fan whatsoever lol, but come on ppl.

Btw, those condescending, yuppie FOX hosts is the ones who annoy me the most.

#30 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

Obama isn't nearly smart enough to be Hitler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.