Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhomme to be reunited with Matt Moore?

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry but I would've posted this in the NFL central forum, but this needs more attention.

Chad Henne said Monday that he expects to start when the Dolphins return from their bye week.

It just may not be that simple.

Jeff Darlington of NFL.com reports that the Dolphins believe Henne separated his non-throwing shoulder. While Henne is game to play through the pain, the Dolphins sent Henne for a second opinion. It’s possible that the injury could end his season.

“While the team is not yet ruling anything out, the feelings coming from the organization about the situation are most definitely tense,” Darlington writes.

Jason LaCanfora reports that the Dolphins have reached out to David Garrard and Jake Delhomme. No deal has been made yet, as both veterans are looking for part of their contract to be guaranteed. (They want to be around more than a week or two.)

Garrard makes the most sense here if the team needs a long-term fix. At this point, Matt Moore is the only healthy quarterback on the Dolphins roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/dolphins-start-looking-for-qbs-as-fears-about-henne-rise/

Maybe we can add Clausen in as well?

Poor Matt Moore. :nopity:

Posted · Report post

They both helped get you guys the #1 pick last year, hopefully they can do the same for Miami!!!! SUCK FOR LUCK!!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I can't for the life of me see why they would take Delhomme over Garrard... unless it's strictly about money.

Posted · Report post

Matt Moore, Delhomme, and Henne

they must want Andrew Luck badddddd

Posted · Report post

I can't for the life of me see why they would take Delhomme over Garrard... unless it's strictly about money.

Garrard may want guaranteed contract/time to be the starter, and Miami can't promise that with a new regime def coming in next season.

Posted · Report post

LMAO at Delhomme wanting his contract guaranteed.

Posted · Report post

LMAO at Delhomme wanting his contract guaranteed.

poo I would too to play for a shitty team. Why else would you get up from the couch and move down to Miami?

Posted · Report post

Have you been to Miami?

Posted · Report post

poo I would too to play for a pooty team. Why else would you get up from the couch and move down to Miami?

If you wanted to give a reason not to play for the Dolphins, that would pretty much be the only one not to use.

Posted · Report post

Guys, this is Jake Delhomme we're talking about. He's got a wife and his horses, wtf is he gonna do in Miami?

Posted · Report post

Yeah, Miami the city pretty much owns.

I hope Jake gets a chance to get on the field again. Ive got nothing but respect for the man. If some of our dudes played with half as much heart and fire as Jake did we would be unstoppable.

Posted · Report post

Wow! After watching Cam play and Luck play I'm glad Luck stayed in college. Who ever gets the number one pick next year and drafts Luck will get just about what we did in the 2nd round last year, mostly hype.