Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

ACC is overrated.

42 posts in this topic

The ACC may be overrated, but at least they got it right in giving the SEC the shaft.

After today, we won't have anyone left in the tourney.

I do have to admit that I'll be pulling heavily for Maryland. I hate Pimphis with the burning passion of a thousand STDs.

ACC should have only been given 3 slots this year, no way they should have had 7 teams in the tourney. ACC is all hype.

Everyone knew this except you homers.

Seems like just a couple of week's ago I was reading that to think the Big East was possibly better than the ACC was laughable.......

I see that RPI really helped them in the tourney. Stats don't mean poo, that's why there are 65 teams playing.

7 ACC teams made it in now there are 3 left after the first games. At least they can look back at their RPI and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

this thread makes me laugh. So teams have one bad game and lose so now the whole conference is overrated? Take those games where the teams lost and turn it into a best of 3 series and the acc comes out victorious. Since it is a one and done and they played bad they are gone but that absolutely does not mean that the acc is overrated and if you really feel that way then you are ignorant.

this thread makes me laugh. So teams have one bad game and lose so now the whole conference is overrated? Take those games where the teams lost and turn it into a best of 3 series and the acc comes out victorious. Since it is a one and done and they played bad they are gone but that absolutely does not mean that the acc is overrated and if you really feel that way then you are ignorant.

I believe all 4 of the teams that lost would lose again to the same teams if they played again. That is what happens to teams that have great individual talent with lesser coaching. The fact that those 4 teams lost should surprise no one, not even the Wake Forest game. A Skip Prosser led Wake team would have been a different story.

:lol:

Yeah, OK. I'll trust solid stats over anyones "informed" opinions anyday.

http://kenpom.com/confrank.php?y=2008

RPI can easily be manipulated.

The ACC is a league of great athletes that play an exciting style of basketball although not always fundamental basketball. The problem is, when they face fundamentally sound teams, they often struggle.

There were good teams in Major conferences (not high major aka the Big 6) such as St. Mary's, Creighton, and many others who get fuged every year for these mediocre big 6 teams. They get treated this way because the big schools have a higher fanbase, but I guarantee you that Davidson had more fans in their Elite 8 game last year than any other team in the Elite 8.

There were 4 Non-BCS conference at large bids. :frown2::mad: