#31 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,849 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

[quote name='DWill'][quote name='pstall']Someone mentioned it earlier. Since the expansion, across ALL sports the ACC is awful.QUOTE]

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. Yes, I will say that the Big East due to it's early tourney results is a better overall conference than the ACC this year in basketball. But if you really think the ACC is awful, you should stop posting here immediatly so we don't have to waste time reading this non sense.

By the way, the ACC has been by far the most dominate baseball conference for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Lastly, since we're talking about all sports in the ACC, do you really think the Big East is good at anything other than basketball, which it was manufactured to be good at? BE can't hold a candle to the ACC throughout their entire athletic departments.[/quote]

Should have prefaced my post with Sports that MATTER.
Yes the ACC has been very good in baseball. Although Oregon St beating UNC back to back years was painful.
College soccer they have been great as well.
Hoops and football are the two biggies.

#32 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

just get dook the F out and i could give a shizz less

#33 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

A Duke/Carolina match up in the final four would be great for the ACC. Every third year or so it seems there is a chance it could happen...then it doesn't.

#34 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

You can say that the ACC is overrated but they weren't expected to do as well as the Big East and other than the Wake Forest fiasco they are right on top of the Big 12 as far as teams left. Other than the Big East there isn't a conference tougher during the regular season than the ACC. But...toward the end of the season people started to realize that it was the Big East and then everyone else. If they hadn't come to this realization then why would the Big 10 have gotten 7 seeds in? Which was the same number as the ACC.

The ACC had a poor showing but I think it shows more than anything that the Big 10 and Big 12 were a little bit underrated.

#35 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

[quote name='pstall'][quote name='DWill']

Should have prefaced my post with Sports that MATTER.
Yes the ACC has been very good in baseball. Although Oregon St beating UNC back to back years was painful.
College soccer they have been great as well.
Hoops and football are the two biggies.[/quote]

and year in year out the ACC is one of, if not the best hoops conference in the nation. Football has not been the best but again what is the BE good at outside basketball? The answer is nothing. I just can't really understand how BE fans are calling out ACC fans when it comes to anything other than basketball, which again you were manufactured to be good at. It's the only sport your good at. To even attempt comparing the BE's overall athletic programs to the ACC's overall athletic programs, is asinine.

I can't argue that the BE is not the best hoops conference this year because it is but to suggest all ACC sports are awful, as you said, is again, asinine.

#36 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Don't the BE have about 10 more teams than everybody else?

Yeah, I'm exaggerating, but in all seriousnous, who here can even name them all without looking it up?

#37 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

Don't the BE have about 10 more teams than everybody else?

Yeah, I'm exaggerating, but in all seriousnous, who here can even name them all without looking it up?

Me.

Louisville
Pittsburgh
Connecticut
Villanova
Marquette
Syracuse
Georgetown
West Virginia
Rutgers
South Florida
Cincinnati
Depaul
Notre Dame
St. Johns
Seton Hall
Providence

#38 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hmmm...guess I should have specified that you can't be a BE fan. LOL

Seriously though, the BE is definitely proving to be a power house conference this year, but all will be as it should be if UNC can still win it all.

#39 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hmmm...guess I should have specified that you can't be a BE fan. LOL

Seriously though, the BE is definitely proving to be a power house conference this year, but all will be as it should be if UNC can still win it all.

Yeah, the big east can fluff up their feathers all they want, but if they don't win it all with 16 teams, they aren't poo...

#40 thejimmy

thejimmy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

I went to Wake and I can say from experience....

We suck in the postseason. Doesn't matter the coach, the players, the team. We suck in the postseason. Period. Always have, always will.

#41 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

It really was amazing to watch Wake implode. They looked fuging great a couple of months ago. Wtf happened? Was it the coach?

#42 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

It really was amazing to watch Wake implode. They looked fuging great a couple of months ago. Wtf happened? Was it the coach?

They were very inconsistant all year....a roller coaster. To me, inconsistancy with a team in any sport falls back on coaching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.