Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bitcoin...

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody involved/interested/mining/using?

Posted

No. I still don't get it but it seems to be slowly gaining traction in that people I know are speaking of it.

And I seriously don't get it.

Posted

I need to get into mining, its essentially free money. It's essentially a global currency, that over the net is almost untraceable. What really makes me mad, is that I knew about it and thought about buying a some bitcoins, when they were $15 per coin, now they are going for around $90 a coin.

Posted

bitcoin mining only works if you are part of a good pool. doing it yourself isnt as effective. You need a pretty good setup with a nice graphics card to even consider it. Most have dedicated machines doing bitcoin.

Posted

I need to get into mining, its essentially free money. It's essentially a global currency, that over the net is almost untraceable. What really makes me mad, is that I knew about it and thought about buying a some bitcoins, when they were $15 per coin, now they are going for around $90 a coin.

Try $150.00 per coin and as stated above you need a beefy graphics card and get in with a good pool. I have a buddy that is mining from his desktop and making 3 bucks a day now which isn't a whole lot but its free money. I have read where they are calling this the "next bubble" so even $150.00 right now may seem cheap in a few months. I have read several sources where this could get into the thousands per bit coin. You can still make some serious cash, I would have bought back when it was 15.00 per coin just didn't have the extra money to put in it and still dont.

Posted

Try $150.00 per coin and as stated above you need a beefy graphics card and get in with a good pool. I have a buddy that is mining from his desktop and making 3 bucks a day now which isn't a whole lot but its free money. I have read where they are calling this the "next bubble" so even $150.00 right now may seem cheap in a few months. I have read several sources where this could get into the thousands per bit coin. You can still make some serious cash, I would have bought back when it was 15.00 per coin just didn't have the extra money to put in it and still dont.

I don't check the prices often at all. Just the last time I saw the price a few months ago it was $80 per, figured it had gone up a little, but not that much.

Posted

the fug

Posted

Bitcoin lost $160 in value in one day, yesterday. It dropped from 266 to 105 and rebounded to 130. Talk about a fluctuation.

Posted

jesus... necrothread.

it's not a currency, it's a commodity.

to be a currency people actually have to use it. everyone's just hoarding it and speculating.

buncha idiots.