Photo
- - - - -

Caps@Canes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

So here it is... our final meeting with the capitals. Ovechkins head is as big as ever after he scored his 50th goal. I look for them to come out shooting like crazy in this one. We need to play great defense and have alot better puck control. We CAN NOT turn the puck over in our own zone and think we can win this one. We need this win just as bad as we needed lastnight. Go Canes!

#2 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

We need this win it would go a long way it securing our playoff berth...We need to attack the goal but not get out of position on defense with the Caps speed and passing....

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,724 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

Must win, Right now we are in 6th place after last night. We stay there we get the caps in round one......(The NHL would love that, a Rivalry game in the first round between division foes.) It would be a good series for sure.

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,724 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Nice WIn for the Canes, 4 - 1
What a clear out that turns into an empty netter..

Edited by carpanfan96, 21 March 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#5 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

What a great game. I touched upon this the other night, but I am really begin to take notice to Joni Ptikanen. His game is just on. He plays the puck so well on defense. Great to see him get that point. Also did you notice that 3 of our 4 points tonight were scored by our defense??? Pitkanen,Babchuck, and Corvo. That by the way has to be the longest shot I have seen. Its great to have a defense that can score. I will be watching the Florida feed monday night of our game on center ice. Huge help tonight by columbus and toronto, and yet buffalo couldnt beat the rangers... pitty. Soo close... keep it up... Go Canes!

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,724 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:02 PM

That goal was crazy
I was jumping up and down while it was skidding across the ice...

It's exciting to be in the playoff mix and to be playing well
I still remember attending games in Greensboro when the rink was sometimes half empty

#7 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

WHAT A GAME!!!! Theodore was fantastic for the caps tonite there were at least 3 shouldve been goals the he saved....Unfortunaley for him and the Caps our Own Cam Ward was just a little better....That goal by corvo was great....Montreal lost their at 81 pts right now Rangers won they got 84, and We have 85..6th place one point behind Philly and Pittsburgh

#8 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

Must win, Right now we are in 6th place after last night. We stay there we get the caps in round one......(The NHL would love that, a Rivalry game in the first round between division foes.) It would be a good series for sure.

I would rather face the flyers...Let Crosby and Co. take on Ovekchin to see who is the better up and comer

But we have played the Caps well lately......

#9 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,724 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

I would rather face the flyers...Let Crosby and Co. take on Ovekchin to see who is the better up and comer

But we have played the Caps well lately......

we've won the season series with them and have eliminated Ovekchin from the last few games..

#10 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

Brind'Amour slamming Ovechkin's giant misshapen head into the board = Priceless.

#11 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

Brind'Amour slamming Ovechkin's giant misshapen head into the board = Priceless.

yes, that was awesome to see brind'amour do that!

#12 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

There was a great energy in the arena tonight for sure

#13 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

yes, that was awesome to see brind'amour do that!

I htought brind'amour was going to have to open a can of wupp@$$ on him....So many great moments in this game .....and was only on sportscenter fo 15 seconds:mad:

#14 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

We just need this mentality for the rest of the season. Good news is we dont have to worry about a jammed pack schedule. Bad news means we have to be as good as it gets we cant have a bad game. Plus other teams have to loose. I like our chances but Im not going to buy my playoff tickets just yet.

#15 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

We just need this mentality for the rest of the season. Good news is we dont have to worry about a jammed pack schedule. Bad news means we have to be as good as it gets we cant have a bad game. Plus other teams have to loose. I like our chances but Im not going to buy my playoff tickets just yet.

Pitssburgh lost to philly... we are only 1point behind....is the game on tv at all on monday

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com