• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Pantherxtreme

Pantherxtreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

And for the record I'll take Rivera's brand of coaching over Foxball every day of the week and twice on Sundays, I just think you have to when the risk is greater than the award and vise versus.

We were gashing the Saints all game long, why go for a bomb 3rd and 2 when we have a mobile QB, two good backs and two good TEs who can work the intermediate routes which is a much more easier play to convert?

I know the coaching staff is learning right along with the team as well, and I know the future is bright, it's just frustrating knowing that the future could be right now!!

#17 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

Or you could put it on the defense for sh*tting the game away when we had the chance to close it out. But yeah, blame Rivera! HE IS NOT ONE OF US.

This right here... I really hate Beason is gone for the season cause he would have fired up this defense that plays with no passion.

#18 APCegr

APCegr

Huddle Engineer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

I think everyone in "True" Panther Nation realize what kind of potential this team really has. Its the fans that call themselves fans after we look promising that are asking for Rivera's head. Let us not forget the 2-14 team we had last year? How about the blowout we had against the Saints last year at home? 31 points. This year we only lost by 3, and if it were not for the holding penalty by Gross who knows, this topic would have never been created. For this team to be 1-4 I can say as a "true" Panther fan that I am excited about our team and our future. I look forward to every game and expect a win. Last year and the years before I cannot say I felt the same way on Sunday. Hang in there guys.. Right now we are taking the lumps but soon we will be dishing them out.

#19 Teleman

Teleman

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Fire em all...lol...and let this guy coach the team..

Posted Image

#20 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

Every once in a while we see some comman sense balance from the blogosphere. Thanks .... It's refreshing.

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

I only had issue with a few calls in the game:

1. The timeout at the end of the half....there was no way the Saints were going to get that kick off, so 12 men on the field would not have mattered.

2. Twice he went for the big play on 3rd and short in the 4th. There is a difference in being agressive and being dumb. We were on the wrong side of that one both times. We were driving....we were working to run the clock...our RB's and TE's were killing them. No need to take a majorly risky chance.

#22 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Fox had trouble w time management his entire tenure. I at least feel this coaching staff will learn from its mistakes.

#23 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

So, I wonder if Rivera will be featured on "C'mon Man" this evening.

#24 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

And we obviously have talent, we're not getting blown out and we're not totally outclassed out there..... If talent was all it took, then the Eagles would be 4-1 instead of 1-4. There's a lot more to winning than just getting top draft picks.

Sorry Cyberjag. The Panthers defense is nothing special, and I hate to break it to everyone, it wasn't special with Beason and Davis either.

Davis, sadly, is an afterthought. The Panthers, again, should just cut ties.

Beason will be as good as the DTs in front of him.

Our secondary, pitiful.

As said on Sirus NFL Radio 'The Panthers have the worst front 7 in the game'.

They also said, a could of playmakers on defense and this team could be special.

Teams are built on lines and we have not had a decent DT since Jenks, who BTW was not drafted by Fox.

My hope is that they get busy in FA next year as I will be dead waiting for this team to build by the draft.

Edited by raleigh-panther, 10 October 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,617 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

They also said, a could of playmakers on defense and this team could be special..

:confused:

#26 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Fox had trouble w time management his entire tenure. I at least feel this coaching staff will learn from its mistakes.

i can recall at least one game in 2006 where fox called a TO that negated a missed field goal from the opponent. then they lined up again and their kicker nailed it

but it didn't matter in that game anyway because we lost by like 20 points instead of 3 lol

#27 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

with the first pick in the 2011 draft the carolina panthers select VON MILLER, LINEBACKER, TEXAS A&M

and then demarco murray and roy helu with our third round picks

#28 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

my main question is would Newton be on our team and would he have been starting at this point with Fox at the helm? would Olsen and Shockey be here to help Smitty?

None of those can be seriously answered with a Yes if Fox was here..

IF Newton was drafted, he wouldn't be starting. I doubt he'd be drafted anyhow. Shockey wouldn't have been grabbed before the lockout and Olsen wouldn't have been grabbed after the lockout.

The QB position would still be a huge unknown and our TE position would still live in the stone age going underutilized.. forcing us YET AGAIN to go with Smitty as our only real threat on offense as a receiver.

those little tidbits there have energized our team, and are huge differences between 9 years of Foxball and 5 games of Rivera..

as far as our defense goes, the guy has put two #1 defenses together in the NFL with 2 different schemes.. I feel pretty good about our chances of tightening that up in the future.

is it lame people still complain about Fox? IMO, not really.. he gave a lot of people many resentments and 1 year later, they SURELY won't vanish.

we've met, I respect your opinion a lot.. but as far as Fox goes, good riddance and we'll see if Denver ever gets over that QB issue.. I think coaches have their weaknesses and Fox's will always be doing what it takes to get him over the hump.. in 2-3 years it'll become evident what Rivera's weaknesses are..

I wish people would stop using the "He's better then Fox" argument. Thats like saying he's the tallest man in a room full of midgets. There is hope with RR but lets start judging the man by his success instead of against Fox's failures. And unfortunately aside from the purely superficial argument that we look better we have the exact same record we had the same time last year.

#29 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

well I deleted that as I wanted to produce a more well thought out post.. but whatever..

I wish people would stop using the "He's better then Fox" argument. Thats like saying he's the tallest man in a room full of midgets. There is hope with RR but lets start judging the man by his success instead of against Fox's failures. And unfortunately aside from the purely superficial argument that we look better we have the exact same record we had the same time last year.

you are right.. Fox is a midget in the football world and comparing Rivera to him would be a travesty..

#30 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

I only had issue with a few calls in the game:

1. The timeout at the end of the half....there was no way the Saints were going to get that kick off, so 12 men on the field would not have mattered.

2. Twice he went for the big play on 3rd and short in the 4th. There is a difference in being agressive and being dumb. We were on the wrong side of that one both times. We were driving....we were working to run the clock...our RB's and TE's were killing them. No need to take a majorly risky chance.

Agree 100%. Had we hit that bomb to Smith on 4th and 2 Brees probably would have gotten it right back as soft as our defense was playing.

Game should have been tied at that point with us driving for a field goal to win with no time on the clock had Rivera not called that timeout before halftime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com