31 replies to this topic

#1 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Losses suck. I hate them as much as anyone. But those of you that cannot appreciate how far this team has come compared to last year are living in another world.

In 2010, we had zero, zilch, ninguna, chance of beating teams like the Packers, Bears, or Saints. This year, we had a good chance in each of those games, coming up just a little short.

Some of you are ready to fire Rivera, hang Chud, castrate McDermott and all of our defensive players because we have lost games to very good opponents. All I can say is apparently that group of people did not watch any Panther football in 2010.

Breathe in, breathe out.

#2 Guest_Jacob3-89_*

Guest_Jacob3-89_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

A loss is still a loss no matter how bad

#3 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

we play with anyone....

...but we can't seem to beat anyone.

With that said, we are on our way. The Gettis injury hurts us more than people talk about on here.

#4 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Yes we cam

#5 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,698 posts

Our staff has done a lot of good things with this team, and we are only going to get better and better. Every game is exciting, even against the very best the league has to offer.

#6 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Yeah we can play with them, we just can't beat them. I don't want to fire our coaching staff I just want the homers to stop making excuses for them. They haven't been doing a good job and they need to improve as much as the players they are coaching.

#7 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

we play with anyone....

...but we can't seem to beat anyone.

Yep... and we're supposed to take comfort in that truth. Feel better?

#8 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

The thing is that I'm not seeing a lot of individual improvement on the field. Cam Newton is willing this thing by himself and is overcoming a lot of crappy coaching and crappy play by the rest of the team.

#9 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Were all over the place.

McDermott confused brees twice but we also tackle poorly. The saints ran the clock out on us while still behind because they were so confident that they could score.

Cam looks fantastic but also has the expected rookie mistakes.

We run the ball well but we barely run the ball.

I can't decide if we're a crappy team playing above our ability or a good team that just plays like crap.

#10 Newton

Newton

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

I didn't get to see the game live,mostly online and highlights, but I see bright future with cam leading. I love the excitement this team brings each week

#11 Fan4life

Fan4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

We are not playing chump teams either. I am very pleased with the Panthers progress.
It's going to be very very very sweeeeeet when we start winning on a regular !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

glad we can almost beat any team lol

#13 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

I can't decide if we're a crappy team playing above our ability or a good team that just plays like crap.

We are a little of both. On defense, it is the former. On offense, the latter.

#14 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

Wow. Really?

This team's organization is solid right now. You would be crazy to think we need a change there.

The defense lost 2 great LB's. The defensive line is young. It comes down to certain players, their ability and experience, that comes up short in these games. I love what these coaches are doing, you just need to not expect this team to come out and win every game. These guys have shown the NFL that they are competitive.

Yeah wins are the most important thing, but the sheer potential that comes from these losses keeps me interested week in and week out. Every game I watch, I know that we have a chance of winning, unlike last year.

Whatever. I see no need for coaching changes. Let it play out, I like what I am seeing, minus the obvious. Wins.

#15 Iced Up Son

Iced Up Son

Giant Dildo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

90% of the people complaining about the team never go to the games and 100% of those people think they know everything about football. I go to every game and I refer to over half of our players by their numbers because I don't know who they are. I can only name 5 starting players on the defence and 2 of the 5 are gone for the season. I have seven panthers jerseys and 89 is the only player still on the team.
We're 5 games into a season with new coaches and more new players than we have ever had. I would like one of the Huddle experts to show me another team in NFL history that has gone through the changes the Panthers have this year plus the CBA lock out and have had a winning season?

I hate to lose,but the future looks bright and it's going to be sooner than later that this team is a playoff contender every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.