Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We're one draft away...

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

From a top 10 NFL team 2 years removed from a 2-14 season. We all need to keep some perspective. We will be [I]elite[/I] next year if we make the right draft moves. I'm still thinking we win 5 or 6 games. Either way, things are looking up! People need to lay off the coaching staff. Remember we are young from the top down. This is the year to make mistakes.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I agree. This team is going to be great very soon, if the right decisions are made.

There are reasons to complain tho. We all still spend time & $ supporting the team, so it is only right to want to see a winning product on the field.

Posted · Report post

NFL doesn't work that way. Everyone gets new draft picks and gets more experience. You get wins now when you can or you lose.

Get a clue.

Posted · Report post

I agree, went toe to toe with the best, but I don't want to lose anymore. Really don't care about next year's draft [I]right now[/I].

Posted · Report post

Do you believe the front office personnel are capable of executing a successful draft?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='scratchy1']Do you believe the front office personnel are capable of executing a successful draft?[/QUOTE]

If we got a top 5 pick, you can bet it'll be a good pick

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson']If we got a top 5 pick, you can bet it'll be a good pick[/QUOTE]

We are a lot more than one top 5 pick away from being "elite". We would have to basically strike gold with every pick of ours plus not lose even more players to injuries plus get a couple of steals in free agency plus have basically every one of our players have a best case scenario offseason development in order to become elite.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther']NFL doesn't work that way. Everyone gets new draft picks and gets more experience. You get wins now when you can or you lose.

Get a clue.[/QUOTE]

Detroit lions disagree. Having stafford, fairley, suh, and calvin j. on the same team is going to make them contenders for years to come. All we really need is a top 10 draft caliber WR or DE and we will be right there.

Posted · Report post

Top 10 wr or de fixes this mess? Please, drugs r bad mmmkay

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Huffgolf30']Detroit lions disagree. Having stafford, fairley, suh, and calvin j. on the same team is going to make them contenders for years to come. All we really need is a top 10 draft caliber WR or DE and we will be right there.[/QUOTE]

The Lions have not been to the playoffs since 1999 and their last winning season (9-7) was in 2000.

Would you care to try your argument again?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Huffgolf30']Detroit lions disagree. Having stafford, fairley, suh, and calvin j. on the same team is going to make them contenders for years to come. All we really need is a top 10 draft caliber WR or DE and we will be right there.[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as how those Detroit picks happened in a five year span, and we need a star WR, star DT, and future star OL... next year ain't the year, Nostradamus. But the FO has firmly said they build through the Draft and not FA, so 2014 is going to be da ish!

Posted · Report post

We have this team with a year of experience, plus Beason, Gettis, Edwards still haven't seen Hogen, plus a top 10 pick at DT, CB, or WR.

We're going to make the playoffs in 2012 for sure.