Photo
- - - - -

Everyone needs to calm down in here.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Fuzz, it won't take that long. We're seriously close to being a playoff contender. We get everybody back healthy next year and pick up a couple good picks or free agents, we're looking at a playoff run as early as next year. 4 losses, 22 points. That has been the difference this year. We're THAT close. To say that our best bet for next year is 8-8 is ridiculous.

I'm not so sure, but certainly could be right. I just look at the division that we play in, and the possible inability to go after "key" FA's next season (huge contracts this season) as to why it may take two years.

In our division the Saints and the Falcons both have jump on us. They are both able to concentrate on surrounding Brees and Ryan with talent on both the D and O sides. We can do that now, but are a couple of years behind.

I would sing in the street if we are a playoff team next year, but would also not be too upset if we go 8-8.

My biggest point, it seems that the ship has a rudder, I have not been so sure of that in the past.

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

internet

#13 flpantherfan32137

flpantherfan32137

In the Sunshine State

ROOKIE

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:54 AM

Fuzz, it won't take that long. We're seriously close to being a playoff contender. We get everybody back healthy next year and pick up a couple good picks or free agents, we're looking at a playoff run as early as next year. 4 losses, 22 points. That has been the difference this year. We're THAT close. To say that our best bet for next year is 8-8 is ridiculous.

My sentiments Exactly

#14 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

I just don't understand the concept of being alright with blowing games. Yes, we are a young team with a young coaching staff. And yes, we have been facing a lot of set backs with injuries. But even through all that, we SHOULD have won all 4 games we lost. We didn't lose because of a lack of talent. We lost because of things that should be EASILY fixable. And we haven't fixed those problems.

I don't care how young we are or how many injuries we have. If we out-play our opponent, we should win. I am proud of what this team has done. They have exceeded my expectations. This team is so much fun to watch and we are on our way to greatness. But that does not mean I should be satisfied with the way we've been losing. Because I'm not. The way we are losing is unacceptable.

I love Ron, the rest of the staff, and the players. But we have to start finishing these games.

Edited by TylerVagyler, 10 October 2011 - 09:02 AM.