Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MGH1989

Theoretical... We have a top 10 pick and have the choice of a stud receiver or DT...

48 posts in this topic

I honestly havent been watching college Football so I have no clue.

I honestly havent been watching college Football so I have no clue.

Was my understanding that Blackmon and Jeffrey were rated higher.

My ideal pick would be a Von Miller type LB. But if its between DT and WR easily it would be a DT. We need interior pressure to disrupt the run and the pass.

BPA - which should be WR - which should be Floyd

My 3 receivers.

Blackmon

Jeffrey

Floyd

Any of these guys I'd be happy with.

Look at the top 5 in the league in recieving yards on NFL.com. None of them are 1st rounders. And in the top 10 in TD only 2 (Johnson and Bowe) were 1st rounders. I'm not saying I'm just saying.

dont forget about Gettis. so no, I wouldn't want a WR in the first. I personally would go the cb/dt route. and maybe then pick up a wr in the 3/4 rounds if we didn't go to FA to pick one up.

What about OLB (Zach Thomas...i don't see him as a top 12 pick but...) or OG (David DeCastro)?

Think they'll enter the draft open minded. If McClain & Fua continue developing they could target DL in medium to late rounds (depth). The same could be said for Brandon Hogan...

Wow I don't know how I haven't heard about this guy Vontaze Burfict of Arizona State. He plays MLB but would be a beast in the SLB position (allowing Anderson to play WLB) in our scheme and would provide excellent insurance if Beason can't come back in time. He has outstanding size at 6'3" 250 lbs and has great closing speed. He also is good in pass rush and has great lateral quickness to avoid blockers. You just got to watch him play, straight up beast.

Wow I don't know how I haven't heard about this guy Vontaze Burfict of Arizona State. He plays MLB but would be a beast in the SLB position (allowing Anderson to play WLB) in our scheme and would provide excellent insurance if Beason can't come back in time. He has outstanding size at 6'3" 250 lbs and has great closing speed. He also is good in pass rush and has great lateral quickness to avoid blockers. You just got to watch him play, straight up beast.

">

are you sayng our need for LB s grater than our need for WR or even CB

because that's slly.

Have you been watching this D? Because if you think LB is not a need thats silly.

alshon jeffery lining up across from steve smith

with olsen

and gettis/lafell in the slot

and williams

and stewart

and possibly shockey

think about that offense for a second