Photo
- - - - -

Theoretical... We have a top 10 pick and have the choice of a stud receiver or DT...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,008 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

If this were still a Fox style offense in place, I wouldn't be in favor of going WR in the first...but I gotta say this Blackmon could be lethal in our offense and makes sense:

Newton
Williams-Stewart
Smitty-Blackmon-Gettis-LaFell (& whoever survives this season)
Olsen-Shockey
/with most likely an OL upgrade = the pieces are at least put in place on O

We still have other draft picks and the FA to grab DT, CB, & LB.

...and I wouldn't be surprised if we tried a late rounder on a potential backup for Cam.

#47 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

The way the draft might play out for us, the BPA would be a WR or CB around pick 9-12. Hopefully Hogan turns out to be a stud and Ron Edwards comes back to show his experience at the DT position.

I like the WR pick here, if Blackmon, Jeffrey, or Floyd is there. But, I think Floyd will be the only receiver left. The Rams will most certainly take a WR. If the #1 CB in the draft is still there...take him. I think given the class at DT would be a reach, but we will see how it turns out.

Either Floyd (WR), Kirkpatrick (CB), or Thompson (DT) will be around to choose from IMO.

#48 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,369 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

Who said Crick is the #1 DT????

Most places I've seen list him as the second best DE, not even as a DT. He's usually ranked in mid 20's overall as well. I could see him being the second or third best DT, but not the best. There's about a 10 spot draft difference between the top DT Thompson and Crick. If Crick was rated as a DT, he would be the second ranked DT comparable to Ta'amu ranking wise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com