Photo
- - - - -

This year's draft

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

What's the deal with picks? I understand if we get into the playoffs, Denver gets our first? If we don't; we keep it. BUT I'm also seeing that we have a 2nd round pick from New Orleans for the Melvin Eli trade and another
2nd rounder from Oklahoma City for the Kyle Weaver trade. So, this draft alone we have 3 2nd round picks? Plus, next year, I believe we got an extra
2nd from Pheonix for the Richardson trade....

With 3 2nd round picks, do you think Charlotte could trade up for a first? I'm not too excited about this year's draft class, but the 2nd round seems even more pathetic.

#2 Its The Milk

Its The Milk

Justice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

I don't know how valuable a 2nd round pick is in the NBA. Maybe we could offer to 2nd's to someone who doesn't really need much starting help for a first but honestly. I don't think that WE need a starter. I think we should keep our 2nd's and get solid back up players that fit roles that we need.

#3 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

or we cud trade those 2nds and Nazr for a POS player to get him off the books so we can sign Felton..

if we have to give up some 2nds to ensure Felton stays, im all for it..

#4 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

Moving Nazr's contract will take a lot more bait than just attaching 3 2nd round picks as part of the package.

We could make the playoffs as a #8 or #7 seed which would give us the 15th or 16th picks in the draft. This draft is weeeeeaaaaak (not my words, but many scouts). I wonder if we could go ahead and give our pick to Denver in that case even though it is protected.

#5 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

IMO we need to do whatever we need to do to keep Felton.

Secondly, we need to get rid of Nazr's contract big time.

I seriously think that if we keep our group of players, and keep Felton, we'll make the playoffs for sure next year, especially after an off-season with them all together. Alexis should be able to contribute in the future too.

#6 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

I understand that the first is more than lottery protected this year, meaning that we will definitely have a first round pick this year. (This is rumor, I can't confirm it).

We could move a first rounder and Nazr to some team for basically nothing. That might be the best thing to do.

Looking at this team, they need a backup SG but have good depth everywhere else. I am not so sure that a first round pick is going to see action next year.

#7 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

they keep the scnd rounder and draft beeker(psyco-t), danny green and wayne ellignton and change the name of the team Tar Heel proffesional squad

roflmao

i loved the hornets(who i hate now) but can not watch these clowns since they started

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users