#1 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

All this talk about how bad he started and had like a 2.5 ypc, i love how the media just dogs you for sucking but when you pick it up they shut their mouth. DWill is now 4th in the league in ypc, the third RB, with 5.6. Hell even JStew has 4.4 ypc now.

If you've never visited pro-football-reference.com please do so the easiest and deepest site for stats.

:jc:

#2 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

how about overall yards? thats what matters

#3 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Eye ball test. Williams is simply running better. As he mentioned on his little show.....coaches told him to quit trying to dance around people and focus on splitting the defense. I think that is why his "burst" seems to of returned.......

hate was never at Williams.....just the fact money and talent is invested in the backfield when we are now a passing team.

#4 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

Eye ball test. Williams is simply running better. As he mentioned on his little show.....coaches told him to quit trying to dance around people and focus on splitting the defense. I think that is why his "burst" seems to of returned.......

hate was never at Williams.....just the fact money and talent is invested in the backfield when we are now a passing team.

Some on this very board were convinced that Williams was done, so it was more than just the money.

#5 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

Panthers are 11th in total rushing yards. Not bad considering they're tied for 17th in rushing attempts.

#6 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

He is 103 yards shy of eclipsing his 6 game total from last year, with 41 fewer carries.

#7 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

he has started slow in past seasons, no reason to think the run game wont eventually develop into a constant homerun threat.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

this offense is going to be the tits.

#9 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

The running game did improve Sunday. now if we can just run on 3rd and 2

#10 Wesmesss

Wesmesss

Panthers/ECU/Bobcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

dwill is still dwill. we still have the best backfield in the nfl. dont crucify the man because he doesnt get the carries that he used to. its on the coaches to call the run when we need it and its up to the dwill and jstew to produce. and im still puttin money on that they will

#11 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Some on this very board were convinced that Williams was done, so it was more than just the money.

I don't think anyone said he was done yet....but many have said he has peaked and is on the backside of his career. Those same people said Stewart is now the better RB.

I for one, believe both of those to be true.

#12 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Clink on the link below. Are the lines straight or curved?? Sometimes your eyes can fool ya.

Attached Files

#13 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Clink on the link below. Are the lines straight or curved?? Sometimes your eyes can fool ya.

straight

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

straight

As I told folks 2 weeks ago amidst all the bitching, he would improve when we got him the ball out in space and on the edges where he excels. They did what I thought they should and voila- he looks great. Like the illusion, eyeball tests depend on when you are looking and knowing what to look for. 3 weeks ago he looked bad, this week he looked great. What changed?? Playcalling most of all.

Edited by panthers55, 11 October 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

As I told folks 2 weeks ago amidst all the bitching, he would improve when we got him the ball out in space and on the edges where he excels. They did what I thought they should and voila- he looks great. Like the illusion, eyeball tests depend on when you are looking and knowing what to look for. 3 weeks ago he looked bad, this week he looked great. What changed?? Playcalling most of all.

well, I thought he would improve as well based off his start.

but none of the stuff MOST said really has changed. Stewart is younger and better. Money could of been used differently. His best days are behind him and he is not the 2008 RB (regardless of playcalls, OL play, etc. ).

but don't get me wrong....as a player, he is still one of my favorites. I just think from a Panther standpoint things could and probably should of gone different in regards to what we did with our backfield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com