Photo
- - - - -

For business owners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sheldon Wolowizard

Sheldon Wolowizard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

How is this new economic package going to affect you? Or how do you think it's going to affect you? Will you be laying off people or hiring them? How do you think it's going to affect your personal financial decisions?

Just curious what other business owners think.

#2 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

I am a plumbing supply wholesaler and my business is very much dependent on housing starts and/or remodels. Both of which require lending by banks or enough confidence in the market for the wealthy to spend their cash, and neither of which will happen without some kind of economic turnaround.

That said, business isn't that lean for me right now. Part of that is due to the affluent community where I'm located and those around me, and another part is due to the fact that my business is still in its infancy (2.5 years, maybe it is considered a toddler) and still acquiring new customers on a daily basis. I have noticed a slow down compared to this time a year ago, but no more than 15-25% on average.

If credit did happen to loosen enough for people to resume the jobs they put on hold, and I get that 15-25% back, I would be hiring. Otherwise, it's basically doing it all myself and keeping inventory levels a bit short of where I'd like them to be.

#3 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

i'm fortunately in an industry that isn't historically hurt by the economy, and thus far i haven't had much or any decline in business.

#4 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

Pr0n?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com