Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those who wanted Patrick Peterson....

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I wanted us to pick Cam all along too, but did i think he was an absolute number 1 overall pick PROSPECT? I didnt know. I just felt like he was the best player for our team at the time which is how i always feel about picking in the draft.

Posted

I'm gonna call bull on that Ray. I don't believe ANYONE knew he was going to be this good. Other than Auburn fans and his parents. Oh and warren moon. If you truly did, good for you man. I wish I had your insight.
:lol: call bull all you want. i don't really care.

i didn't say i knew he would be this good although i knew he would be good. i said i considered him a surefire #1 (which is what you were saying that no one thought he would be). there's a difference.

Posted

I'm gonna call bull on that Ray. I don't believe ANYONE knew he was going to be this good. Other than Auburn fans and his parents. Oh and warren moon. If you truly did, good for you man. I wish I had your insight.

That's kinda the point I was trying to make..

I placed him with top 5-10 NFL QB potential right after the draft, just didn't expect it to start clicking this early for him. Him and Miller were clearly the two best players in this draft by far. The gap between them and all the other players is pretty substantial and I said it then. They clearly had the highest upside of any of the draft prospects in the 2011 draft and both will be future pro bowl players for their teams.

Posted

Hurney played Russian Roulette and won. Don't act like before the draft Cam was a sure fire #1.

So where did I mention this in my first post??

To me there is difference in being the most NFL ready and being a Number 1 overall prospect because that normally goes to QBs above any other position

Posted

I said all along Peterson would make a hell of a safety, but would be an average corner at best.

I said he would be one hell of a Safety in a few years and I stand by that.

Posted

He did as did I. At 1st I had reservations but the more I read about him (from his Coaches and Teammates) the more I was convinced he would be a good one. I remember how much crap we got for it as well.

To be fair though I didn't think he would be this good this fast. I also tried to warn you all that PP7 wasn't as good as he was hyped up to be.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/54531-cam-newton-declares-for-the-nfl-draft-8.html#post3361362

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll be honest, I thought PP was the most NFL ready (and potential all-pro) in the draft this year.

Posted

I wanted both

Posted

:lol: call bull all you want. i don't really care.

i didn't say i knew he would be this good although i knew he would be good. i said i considered him a surefire #1 (which is what you were saying that no one thought he would be). there's a difference.

Ok.

Posted

PP7 is gonna be another LSU bust.

Posted

So where did I mention this in my first post??

To me there is difference in being the most NFL ready and being a Number 1 overall prospect because that normally goes to QBs above any other position

"For those who wanted Patrick Peterson.."

How should I interpret that? Please, tell me.

Posted

PP7 is gonna be another LSU bust.

called it from the beginning.