Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera on Hogan And Armanti

52 posts in this topic

Posted

You guys know I could care less about the Appalachian State Mountaineers, but to say he hasn't done well on punt returns this year would be, well, a fallacy.

Our return protection this season has been far from great, and Armanti has done a nice job each and every time he gets a shot of making something out of nothing. More importantly, he hasn't made any bone headed decisions. He knows when to let it go int the endzone, he knows when to fair catch, and he knows when to return. Just to top if off, he hasn't muffed any either.

I'd like to see Armanti start getting more involved in the offense. We've been running some Wildcat, I'd like to use his experience as a QB in that package to provide another threat. Even if we only throw it with him once, I'd like to make them respect that possibility.

1 person likes this

Posted

wouldn't it be great if Hogan turned out to be our number 2 corner, so we could draft a DT or LB

If Hogan turns out to be that good, it would just be a bonus as I think Munny and Butler are doing great right now and each have a bright future with us.

I'm excited about what Hogan can bring to our team though.

Posted

whenever he gets some blocking i think he'll start breaking out

as for WR, Rivera said the opportunities aren't there since they aren't running 4 WR sets. I'd like to see them try some of the wildcat with him along with DWill. Or maybe run a reverse with him sometime. give him a chance out there

Yeah, I posted in the thread about him that we should design plays to get the ball in his hands, whether it be the wildcat with Cam and line him up in the backfield with him, a reverse/pass option, or a WR screen for him.

Posted

wouldn't it be great if Hogan turned out to be our number 2 corner, so we could draft a DT or LB

This, plus it sounds like he may be able to give us a spark on special teams. Whenever we return a kick or punt, I never even entertain the thought that we're taking it to the house. I like Armanti, but I feel like during his returns he's just looking for a place to fall down.

Posted

I seriously doubt we would draft a CB with our first pick anyways. Not even close to our biggest need. Captain, Gamble, and Butler are playing pretty well. From the tape I have seen on Hogan, I think he can and probably will be the best of the group. As long as he can recover perfectly from the injury. He can be really really good. LB, DT, or WR with our first pick.

Posted

Armanti ranks 40th on punt return avg right now. His longest is 14 yds. That's NOT GOOD. And you can't argue that it is.

Posted

fwiw draft picks arent what the d-line needs

Posted

Nope, we need Vets.

Posted

Exactly. Fua and McClain will be good, but they need time. A veteran FA fat man would do wonders...

Posted

Hogans awesome on Madden 12...

Posted

Yes can't wait , he has been at most games on the sidelines with the look on his face like wait till I get in there...lol hope him the very best.

Posted

Bump n man zone his great on Madden 12 his WV days made someone happy over in the DV team EA.I love playing with our new Team online just beat the steelers 10-9 lmao the kid went for two with 50 seconds to go....