Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Rivera on Hogan And Armanti

52 posts in this topic

wouldn't it be great if Hogan turned out to be our number 2 corner, so we could draft a DT or LB

Lost between all the 2 and 3 yarders. I meant one more time. :lol:

whenever he gets some blocking i think he'll start breaking out

as for WR, Rivera said the opportunities aren't there since they aren't running 4 WR sets. I'd like to see them try some of the wildcat with him along with DWill. Or maybe run a reverse with him sometime. give him a chance out there

You guys know I could care less about the Appalachian State Mountaineers, but to say he hasn't done well on punt returns this year would be, well, a fallacy.

Our return protection this season has been far from great, and Armanti has done a nice job each and every time he gets a shot of making something out of nothing. More importantly, he hasn't made any bone headed decisions. He knows when to let it go int the endzone, he knows when to fair catch, and he knows when to return. Just to top if off, he hasn't muffed any either.

I'd like to see Armanti start getting more involved in the offense. We've been running some Wildcat, I'd like to use his experience as a QB in that package to provide another threat. Even if we only throw it with him once, I'd like to make them respect that possibility.

1 person likes this

wouldn't it be great if Hogan turned out to be our number 2 corner, so we could draft a DT or LB

If Hogan turns out to be that good, it would just be a bonus as I think Munny and Butler are doing great right now and each have a bright future with us.

I'm excited about what Hogan can bring to our team though.

whenever he gets some blocking i think he'll start breaking out

as for WR, Rivera said the opportunities aren't there since they aren't running 4 WR sets. I'd like to see them try some of the wildcat with him along with DWill. Or maybe run a reverse with him sometime. give him a chance out there

Yeah, I posted in the thread about him that we should design plays to get the ball in his hands, whether it be the wildcat with Cam and line him up in the backfield with him, a reverse/pass option, or a WR screen for him.

This, plus it sounds like he may be able to give us a spark on special teams. Whenever we return a kick or punt, I never even entertain the thought that we're taking it to the house. I like Armanti, but I feel like during his returns he's just looking for a place to fall down.

I seriously doubt we would draft a CB with our first pick anyways. Not even close to our biggest need. Captain, Gamble, and Butler are playing pretty well. From the tape I have seen on Hogan, I think he can and probably will be the best of the group. As long as he can recover perfectly from the injury. He can be really really good. LB, DT, or WR with our first pick.

Armanti ranks 40th on punt return avg right now. His longest is 14 yds. That's NOT GOOD. And you can't argue that it is.

fwiw draft picks arent what the d-line needs

fwiw draft picks arent what the d-line needs

Nope, we need Vets.

• Topics

• I don't feel like we're a sleeper team. We are just mercurial as a franchise- up, down, and in the middle. I really do not know what to expect this year. As it's been said, the O-line is a big question mark. Our interior is good, but the tackle spot is a mystery. I wasn't and am still not high on the Lil Kalil signing, and not because of the contract. He has declined every year since his rookie year. Am I suppose to believe that he has really been chronically injured this whole time and now that he is here with Ryan he is suppose to magically be healthy and perform? I'm not saying it isn't possible- I'm not saying he's def going to suck either. I just have no clue. I think it's a big time gamble from Gman. I hope it works out. And I desperately want to be proved wrong about it too. I hope he fills the hole that's been there since Gross left as a long term solution. And the other thing that worries me is the coaching staff. Everyone talks about Shula but I'm not high on RR. He took zero accountability in his post season presser- as apposed to Gman who acknowledged his mistakes. I've never really liked him- I'm really wondering if Riverboat was just fools gold. He just feels like Fox 2.0- don't think he can get us a Lombardi- which is sad because I feel like our roster can. Again, I hope I'm wrong about this. These two things plus our division- The NFCS will be a dogfight this year. 
    • Yeah we fell asleep..the offensive like ducked and the secondary ducked til Bradbury and the other kid stepped up.. but season was done.. need a healthy o-Lind this year and execute or these new weapons are pointless

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle