29 replies to this topic

#16 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Remember when Rivera had a hard on for Otah when he first got here? I see that has changed..................

#17 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,855 posts

well personally I was expecting our coach to come out to the podium and break down into tears about losing jeff otah, but I guess saying there's only a bit of a dropoff may have been a better strategy.

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Hangman's played well. No need to.

He's played alright. Otah has played exponentially better, and G seems to fit his strengths.

#19 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

The only game Bell played completely is vs Gb and he gave up 5 disruptions. Otah has played in four games and has given up 10. Maybe Bell improves, but Otah is better in all regards right now.

Edited by MaineManPanther, 13 October 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#20 RSXNova

RSXNova

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

Its just amazing that he can caddy for Tiger on the side.

#21 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

The only game Bell played completely is vs Gb and he gave up 5 disruptions. Otah has played in four games and has given up 10. Maybe Bell improves, but Otah is better in all regards right now.

In the 4 games that Otah has started he has split reps with Bell, people keep making this argument acting like Bell hasn't played in the other 4 games, and it's just false.

#22 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

If you listen to the presser today it was that he didn't feel it was much of a dropoff if you play Bell because he has filled in and played exceptionally well and has become a quality football player. So that isn't a knock on Jeff it is just saying that we have two quality RTs.

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Lol at you guys who still can't grasp we won't be drafting Matt kalil next year BECAUSE of Byron Bell. Say it with me.

oh where oh where would the huddle be without cat'sgrowl's oh infinite wisdom? you are right, we wont be drafting Kalil, mainly because he will be gone by the time we pick. rivera obviously has confidence in Bell, it astonishes me you think you are making something of note. yes, the panthers may have found a gem, and you had nothing to do with it.

#24 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

that was against matthews though, otah hasnt faced a pass rusher of that caliber yet this season.

#25 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

In the 4 games that Otah has started he has split reps with Bell, people keep making this argument acting like Bell hasn't played in the other 4 games, and it's just false.

I just said completely played games for Bell. He has played in others, but not for even a third of the snaps.

Arz: Bell played six, Otah Sixty nine.
Chi: Bell played twenty two, Otah fifty seven.
Jax: Bell played eleven, Otah fifty four.
N.O.: Otah played all sixty one snaps.

#26 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

They are both black.

#27 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

that was against matthews though, otah hasnt faced a pass rusher of that caliber yet this season.

True, and he has improved since, albeit on limited snaps. But Otah is still ahead,I havent seen enough of Bell to dispute that.

#28 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

OR... It means we hit a motherfuggin Gold mine in Bell! I'd like to think we got the ladder on this deal.

I like your enthusiasm, but you're doing it wrong.

#29 SnowPanther

SnowPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Says a lot about how far Otah has fallen when an undrafted rookie is far from a step down according to your coach :cam:

#30 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

put at otah at right guard for now, bell at right tackle. have bell replace gross in 3-4 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com