Photo
- - - - -

Explore the possibility of trading Otah for a DT before the deadline?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Simple question. More reflective of how well Bell has played than Otah's injury history. So. Yes or no? Your opinion.

#2 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

no

#3 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

I think you have to. With how good Bell has been, and how much of a hole DT has been, I think you are almost forced to test the waters. Don't give him away, he's a good football player-but he's also playing his way into the realm of "expendable."

#4 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

T.Cody

#5 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

A defensive tackle doesn't solve the run game. Sure our interior isn't strong right now but neither is any other level against the run. Neither of our safeties are strong safeties and our best linebackers are out. James Anderson is good, but he's no thumper.

If Bell turns out to be a definite stud, then maybe Otah gets moved. But, realistically, this talk is jumping the gun by a season. We are going to have to ride this one out with the defensive tackles we have and I'd look for us to add even more defensive line depth next year in the draft.

#6 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,267 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

No.

Silly thought. Yeah trading away pieces of our OL that has doen a GREAT job for our rookie QB sounds like a good idea. Worst case scenario is Otah becomes a backup/situation player who is a BEAST until his contract is up. Otah is too young and too good.

He stays until he permanantly goes to IR or his contract is up.

Great OL depth is not "expendable".....not when he finally land our first player of Cam caliber. Just silly.

#7 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Another young DT is the last thing we need. If we had any interior pressure, we would have won last week. The lack of it allowed Brees' to convert about 6 of all those 3rd down conversions, including two crucial ones on the last drive. If you don't see the need for a DT, you aren't paying attention.

#8 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,504 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

No.

I would not make a move that puts our offensive tackles one injury away from being terrible.

#9 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

No, it is a long season and I would rather see the team keep depth on the oline to protect Cam. It was not that long ago that our line was in disaray.

#10 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

No.

Silly thought. Yeah trading away pieces of our OL that has doen a GREAT job for our rookie QB sounds like a good idea. Worst case scenario is Otah becomes a backup/situation player who is a BEAST until his contract is up. Otah is too young and too good.

He stays until he permanantly goes to IR or his contract is up.

Great OL depth is not "expendable".....not when he finally land our first player of Cam caliber. Just silly.

Otah was a great player in Fox's offense. In Rivera's he isn't as useful. Bell and Otah are almost splitting reps evenly at this point.

#11 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts

No

#12 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,963 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

we is what we is

#13 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,267 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

Another young DT is the last thing we need. If we had any interior pressure, we would have won last week. The lack of it allowed Brees' to convert about 6 of all those 3rd down conversions, including two crucial ones on the last drive. If you don't see the need for a DT, you aren't paying attention.

Drew Brees before the Cam was absurd on 3rd downs so far this season and hands down better than anyone in the NFL leading up to that game.

also, our LB play is just as weak as our DT play right now.

what you have to pay attention to is what this season is all about......it is about growing.

For example, McClain/Fua as 2nd year players, with a healthy LB corp behind them could be very good. Then you look back at why we pointlessly traded away a very strong offensive lineman......for some random newb b/c you wanted better play in a developmental season. OL depth > DL depth.

#14 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

You go ahead and enjoy your moral victories. The team certainly doesn't.

Amazing the loser mentality this fanbase has.

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

I said yes, but I think it's a better chance of Goodson being traded than Otah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.