Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More global warming goodies

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

^ NICE! conservatives are so delusional they look past accumulated scientific knowledge to believe a tabloid writer whose last claim was that asbestos is just talcum powder!

Here, start your reading assignment with this nugget. I reposted it for you.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=2158072e-802a-23ad-45f0-274616db87e6

Posted · Report post

Please, do not rely on Marc Morano as the source for any "education" about this issue . . . If everyone so easily dismisses Gore's research as partisan, then why believe this hack who oil companies used to pay to write articles denying global warming?

A good place to learn more about global warming -- or "climate change" -- would be the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's website, http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/. As you can learn from our very own government, the science behind man-made "climate change" is strong. And dates back to the 1800s. :thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

Htar would rather listen to the oil companies. He's also thankful that the tobacco companies had their own people to counter the evil liberal media that was trying to tell you smoking was bad, when Ronald Reagan himself was telling you that it was relaxing and tasty!

Posted · Report post

I would assume that climate change has been going on long before 1900, about the time that humans came up with the internal combustion engine...

But lets not use logic........

Posted · Report post

Htar would rather listen to the oil companies. He's also thankful that the tobacco companies had their own people to counter the evil liberal media that was trying to tell you smoking was bad, when Ronald Reagan himself was telling you that it was relaxing and tasty!

Obama would probably agree.

Posted · Report post

Please, do not rely on Marc Morano as the source for any "education" about this issue . . . If everyone so easily dismisses Gore's research as partisan, then why believe this hack who oil companies used to pay to write articles denying global warming?

A good place to learn more about global warming -- or "climate change" -- would be the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's website, http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/. As you can learn from our very own government, the science behind man-made "climate change" is strong. And dates back to the 1800s. :thumbsup:

The earth ( a think way bigger than us) and the Sun (which is the biggest factor on our weather) do much more, and are capable of way more than us humans. On a local level, we definitely can affect a negative change in our environment, but globally...I don't think we can.

The entire enviro movement is nothing more than a psuedo religion for some, and a way to destroy business for others.

Posted · Report post

Obama would probably agree.

So you are saying the evil liberal media is incapable of influencing even an evil liberal? Does that mean Hannity and O Reilly can chill out now?

Posted · Report post

The earth ( a think way bigger than us) and the Sun (which is the biggest factor on our weather) do much more, and are capable of way more than us humans. On a local level, we definitely can affect a negative change in our environment, but globally...I don't think we can.

The entire enviro movement is nothing more than a psuedo religion for some, and a way to destroy business for others.

Who are you to make that assumption though? Of course there are some scientists that agree, but I'd be willing to bet far more disagree. You seem to only side with those that support your political views when this is not a political issue. Gore made a huge blunder by giving people a reason to inject liberal/conservative arguments into an issue that doesn't warrant it.

The bottom line is that fossil fuels are dirty and not sustainable. As advanced as human technology has come, everything is still being powered by dead plants. New energy sources are needed and if climate change can be a force by which that happens, then I'll support it 100%.

Posted · Report post

Uh oh. Htar's figured out the Sun creates heat. He's finally figured out "science."

He and others are using the old tricks that tobacco companies used back in the 20th century. Find a few scientific and medical naysayers and then say, "Look! They can't agree on anything! It's all bogus!"

The conservative Christian movement does the exact same thing with evolution.

Posted · Report post

Who are you to make that assumption though? Of course there are some scientists that agree, but I'd be willing to bet far more disagree. You seem to only side with those that support your political views when this is not a political issue. Gore made a huge blunder by giving people a reason to inject liberal/conservative arguments into an issue that doesn't warrant it.

The bottom line is that fossil fuels are dirty and not sustainable. As advanced as human technology has come, everything is still being powered by dead plants. New energy sources are needed and if climate change can be a force by which that happens, then I'll support it 100%.

Do you think that politics/government should be on the forefront of that movement?

Posted · Report post

Do you think that politics/government should be on the forefront of that movement?

Good question. I generally think government should not be involved if possible, but I'm honestly not sure if this can. I think the government should heavily support r&d for a energy source that can be as profitable as oil.

I don't think it should have this liberal/conservative divide though and I don't get why it is.