#31 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,093 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

[/B]

Obama would probably agree.

So you are saying the evil liberal media is incapable of influencing even an evil liberal? Does that mean Hannity and O Reilly can chill out now?

#32 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

The earth ( a think way bigger than us) and the Sun (which is the biggest factor on our weather) do much more, and are capable of way more than us humans. On a local level, we definitely can affect a negative change in our environment, but globally...I don't think we can.

The entire enviro movement is nothing more than a psuedo religion for some, and a way to destroy business for others.

Who are you to make that assumption though? Of course there are some scientists that agree, but I'd be willing to bet far more disagree. You seem to only side with those that support your political views when this is not a political issue. Gore made a huge blunder by giving people a reason to inject liberal/conservative arguments into an issue that doesn't warrant it.

The bottom line is that fossil fuels are dirty and not sustainable. As advanced as human technology has come, everything is still being powered by dead plants. New energy sources are needed and if climate change can be a force by which that happens, then I'll support it 100%.

#33 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

Uh oh. Htar's figured out the Sun creates heat. He's finally figured out "science."

He and others are using the old tricks that tobacco companies used back in the 20th century. Find a few scientific and medical naysayers and then say, "Look! They can't agree on anything! It's all bogus!"

The conservative Christian movement does the exact same thing with evolution.

Edited by Delhommey, 31 December 2008 - 01:25 PM.

#34 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

Who are you to make that assumption though? Of course there are some scientists that agree, but I'd be willing to bet far more disagree. You seem to only side with those that support your political views when this is not a political issue. Gore made a huge blunder by giving people a reason to inject liberal/conservative arguments into an issue that doesn't warrant it.

The bottom line is that fossil fuels are dirty and not sustainable. As advanced as human technology has come, everything is still being powered by dead plants. New energy sources are needed and if climate change can be a force by which that happens, then I'll support it 100%.

Do you think that politics/government should be on the forefront of that movement?

#35 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

Do you think that politics/government should be on the forefront of that movement?

Good question. I generally think government should not be involved if possible, but I'm honestly not sure if this can. I think the government should heavily support r&d for a energy source that can be as profitable as oil.

I don't think it should have this liberal/conservative divide though and I don't get why it is.

#36 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

http://epw.senate.go...f0-274616db87e6

If you don't think what we do as humans has any effect on the environment, go run your car in your garage for a few hours with the door closed and tell us how you feel afterwards.

#37 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:16 PM

If you don't think what we do as humans has any effect on the environment, go run your car in your garage for a few hours with the door closed and tell us how you feel afterwards.

Hey, go set in an unventalated box and keep on breathing...You can then witness how much damage your own exhaled air can do to you as well. It's basically the same scenario your describing but the car does it faster...So maybe we should rid the planet of humans?

#38 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

I can make that assumption as it is my opinion. As you have made yours.

As soon as the technology is in place that is more efficient than fossil fuels, we should make the transition, but it's not there, and I'm not convinced we're killing the planet with the current technology anyway.

My position is that the FORCE for change is being driven by false dogma.

#39 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

So you are saying the evil liberal media is incapable of influencing even an evil liberal? Does that mean Hannity and O Reilly can chill out now?

That evil liberal media re-enforces the liberal ideal...So yes, it could influence a liberal.

#40 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

Uh oh. Htar's figured out the Sun creates heat. He's finally figured out "science."

He and others are using the old tricks that tobacco companies used back in the 20th century. Find a few scientific and medical naysayers and then say, "Look! They can't agree on anything! It's all bogus!"

The conservative Christian movement does the exact same thing with evolution.

Look, smart ass strikes again...do you practice or is being a smartass completely natural for you?

#41 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

http://www.investors...315533893763712

More goodies

#42 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

The earth ( a think way bigger than us) and the Sun (which is the biggest factor on our weather) do much more, and are capable of way more than us humans. On a local level, we definitely can affect a negative change in our environment, but globally...I don't think we can.

The entire enviro movement is nothing more than a psuedo religion for some, and a way to destroy business for others.

You don't think we can. Okay. And your evidence for your disagreement with climate change consist of partisan blogs and platitudes.

You completely ignore the U.S. government's own findings and regulations.

And your primary concern is business being destroyed. So man, to paraphrase Louis Armstrong, if you don't know, then nobody can tell you.

#43 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

You really can't be this stupid. Oh, wait. You can.

I'm sorry but didn't the Global Warming crowed start calling it Global Climate Change? I wonder why they felt like they had to do that???

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,093 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

Because of the idiots who cannot see that a mean increase of say, 5 degrees a century is not a good thing and post stupid articles about how cold it was in Duluth this week as "proof" that we should be able to pollute all we want. After all, we have big pick em ups that need to get us to the rodeo.

#45 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,865 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:57 AM

You completely ignore the U.S. government's own findings and regulations.

eek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com