lol like you've ever had a point to make

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

lol like you've ever had a point to make

This is all you ever contribute to the board.

My point, for those of you who don't have needle dick complex like Fiz, is that in a free market how do you pick and choose which businesses you are going to put bonus and/or salary limitations on? Today it's these guys, two years from now everyone will be pissed at lawyers and it's their turn. Then football will go on strike again and athletes will get it. It's not something government should start doing. Like wire tapping phones. Even if it's done with the right intentions now, it's not a good idea in the long run.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,898 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

My point, for those of you who don't have needle dick complex like Fiz, is that in a free market how do you pick and choose which businesses you are going to put bonus and/or salary limitations on?

lol free market oh that's precious

watching you post is like watching a two year old figure out how to use the remote control

#19 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

I think the government would probably do it to the companies that they've saved with crap tons of money in the last few years. Mainly I see this falling on bank's and companies like AIG, ford and GM and alike.

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

I think the government would probably do it to the companies that they've saved with crap tons of money in the last few years. Mainly I see this falling on bank's and companies like AIG, ford and GM and alike.

The Obama administration will call for increased oversight of executive pay at all banks, Wall Street firms and possibly other companies as part of a sweeping plan to overhaul financial regulation, government officials said.

#21 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,898 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

The Obama administration will call for increased oversight of executive pay at all banks, Wall Street firms and possibly other companies as part of a sweeping plan to overhaul financial regulation, government officials said.

The Obama administration will call for increased oversight of executive pay at all banks, Wall Street firms and possibly other companies

The Obama administration will call for increased oversight of executive pay

increased oversight

my god not oversight

#22 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...gewanted=1&_r=1

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...gewanted=1&_r=1

Heard that today on NPR. I have felt from the beginning that people are painting AIG and other financial institutions with to broad of a brush.

#24 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

Americans love a good witch hunt.

#25 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

I just saw this article in 'What's hot in Google' RSS feed, so I assume it's getting a lot of traffic. He's downplaying the death threats that employees of AIG are getting, claiming because they make a lot of money they shouldn't complain. I can't believe this horseshit.

I started making left-wing political cartoons one month after 9/11. At that time, most people weren’t exactly pumped to hear someone making fun of the whole idea of a “War on Terror” and calling President Bush an idiot. I got my share of nasty emails.

I also received death threats.(I soon learned this comes with the territory.)

Guess what douchbag? You put yourself out there by spewing your mostly likely ridiculous opinions. Last time I checked death threats don't 'come with the territory' of being an executive.

And mind you, when I received these threats, I wasn’t working in some high-security office building and living in a fancy gated community with no sidewalks where you need a passcode just to go to the golf course. Hardly. I was a schlub in a bathrobe living in a third-story Brooklyn walk-up. The only way I could’ve been a softer target would be if I was made out of Yoplait.

Poor him. Maybe he should have gone to college and majored in something besides Liberal Arts.

Pay me $700,000 a year, or however much the AIG guy whining in today’s New York Times made, and you can threaten me with death all goddamn day. Because do you have any idea how much money that is??? Hell, I’ll let you throw rocks at me. I’ll let you poison my soup. You can slash my tires and spray-paint my driveway. AND ONCE I GET ALL THAT MONEY, I’M TOTALLY PAYING OFF SOME STUDENT LOANS AND FIXING THE GARAGE ROOF AND BUYING SOME NEW PANTS. Because that’s an insane amount of money.

I guess he didn't read the part where this guy grew up in a middle class family, son to school teachers, worked his ass off to get in MIT, then worked over a decade to get where he is. His work contributed to making $100 million profits year after year, how dare he make $700K a year - what a greedy bastard.

These AIG losers bring the country’s financial system to its knees, get paid millions of dollars for their troubles, walk away unscathed, and then turn around and complain because some idiot using a computer at the public library decides to hit “send” before catching his breath?

I guess he also didn't read the part - in the 2nd fuging paragraph no doubt - where he stated he had NOTHING TO DO with the transactions that ultimately screwed the company.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA other people are making lots of money - I want all that money too - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. They should deal with whatever bullshit stupid idiots throw at them because they make a lot of money. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You give me the money you made at AIG and I’ll shoulder the impossible burden you’re living with.

Yeah AIG just GAVE him money, he did nothing to earn it.

The way some people think in this country is just sickening.

#26 Ounce

Ounce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

I just saw this article in 'What's hot in Google' RSS feed, so I assume it's getting a lot of traffic. He's downplaying the death threats that employees of AIG are getting, claiming because they make a lot of money they shouldn't complain. I can't believe this horsepoo.

Guess what douchbag? You put yourself out there by spewing your mostly likely ridiculous opinions. Last time I checked death threats don't 'come with the territory' of being an executive.

Poor him. Maybe he should have gone to college and majored in something besides Liberal Arts.

I guess he didn't read the part where this guy grew up in a middle class family, son to school teachers, worked his ass off to get in MIT, then worked over a decade to get where he is. His work contributed to making $100 million profits year after year, how dare he make $700K a year - what a greedy bastard.

I guess he also didn't read the part - in the 2nd fuging paragraph no doubt - where he stated he had NOTHING TO DO with the transactions that ultimately screwed the company.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA other people are making lots of money - I want all that money too - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. They should deal with whatever bullpoo stupid idiots throw at them because they make a lot of money. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah AIG just GAVE him money, he did nothing to earn it.

The way some people think in this country is just sickening.

:iamwithstupid:

Jealousy sure does cloud that idiot's mind(The one who made those statements in the article). Death threats certainly dont' just "come with the territory" for that guy's job, or a majority of people's job for that manner. In any case, would any job done by someone (within reason) warrant or make it ok for death threats to occur? Its just absurd.

Secondly, this moron acts like AIG just paid this guy 700 grand a year to stick his thumb up his bum. If the guy was making that kind of money, believe me he was likely earning the company 10-100x that much, no job is a free ride at that level (now if he worked for the government, that might be a different matter...) Who the hell are you to justify what this guy should make? Its a free market economy (to a degree), people will get paid what they are worth (excluding the govt again..), period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.