Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Mock Draft. Post them here.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

True, but Miller is an OLB; Burfict could be their Beason.

Posted

01. Dolphins (f/STL): Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

02. Rams (f/MIA): Matt Kalil, OT, USC

03. Vikings: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

04. Colts: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC

05. Jaguars: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

06. Chiefs: Matt Barkley, QB, USC

07. Seahawks (f/CLE): Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

08. Cardinals: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

09. Broncos: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State

10. Redskins (f/CAR): Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

11. Browns (f/SEA): Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

12. Bears: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

13. Eagles: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

14. Panthers (f/WAS): Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington

15. Titans: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

16. Browns (f/ATL): Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State

17. Raiders: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

18. Bengals: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

19. Bills (f/TB): Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama

20. Jets: Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia

21. Cowboys: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

22. 49ers: Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia

23. Buccaneers (f/BUF): Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

24. Texans: Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama

25. Chargers: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

26. Lions: Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State

27. Giants: Kelechi Osemele, OT/OG, Iowa State

28. Steelers: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

29. Patriots (f/N.O.): Donte Paige-Moss, DE, North Carolina

30. Eagles (f/NE): Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State

31. Ravens: Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

32. Packers: Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut

What are we getting from the Skins in this scenario? Also, the baylor QB? Come on, I don't think shanahan would give up anything for him. Just saying man.

Regardless, I believe we need to trade that pick away to get Ta'amu lower in the draft.

Posted

Say we end up drafting #10 and are moving to a 3-4...

Trade down to #20 or so to pick up a 2nd...then trade down to #28 or so to pick up a 3rd, that probably won't actually happen but this is my scenario so it does ;)

1st - Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama - Comparable to Lamar Woodley as a player. I imagine our LB corps looking like CJ - Anderson - Beason - Upshaw

2nd - Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska - With the injury I could see him dropping to us in the 2nd. I can see our DL looking like...McClain, Edwards/Fields/Fua, Crick

2nd - Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon - I really like Hogans potential but if Harris falls to the middle of the 2nd round I think we have to take him, very quick and great in man, also a great PR

3rd - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama - Physical freak, kind of like a poor mans Sean Taylor, absolutely great in run support which we desperately need, can deliver the huge hit but is also a solid tackler, struggles a little in coverage but isn't as bad in coverage as some make him out to be

4th - Brandon Washington, OG, Miami - Miamis offensive line is great this year and Washington is a huge part of it

5th - BJ Cunningham, WR, MSU - Very productive player with good size whose a great target in the redzone

6th - Kapron Lewis-Moore, DE, Notre Dame - very good 3-4 DE prospect, good athlete with ideal size a 3-4 DE

7th - Jermarcus Hardrick, OT Nebraska - very raw but a great long term prospect to develop with great size and athleticism

Posted

My new mock with the idea that Carolina will run a 3-4 next year as the base.

Still think Carolina picks around 10th overall and has two comp picks. 1 6th round and 1 7th round for Marshall and King) Trade back in the first and pick up a 2nd round pick.

1st (Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington)

2nd (Kheeston Randall, DE/DT, Texas)

2nd (Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall)

4th (Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State) First round talent (ACL injury drops him to mid draft)

5th (Tavon Wilson, SS, Illinois)

6th (Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor)

6th (Ken Plue, G, Purdue)

7th (Darius Fleming, OLB, Notre Dame)

7th (Travian Robertson, DE, South Carolina)

Posted

That draft would be fuging awesome for our defense. Although I don't understand what everyone sees in this almeda guy he doesn't look too strong at the POA for what I've seen.

Posted

That draft would be fuging awesome for our defense. Although I don't understand what everyone sees in this almeda guy he doesn't look too strong at the POA for what I've seen.

He's got the frame to add some bulk and major strength. Just needs some time in a NFL weight room.

Posted

Same could be said about our current samoan.

Posted

Say we end up drafting #10 and are moving to a 3-4...

Trade down to #20 or so to pick up a 2nd...then trade down to #28 or so to pick up a 3rd, that probably won't actually happen but this is my scenario so it does ;)

1st - Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama - Comparable to Lamar Woodley as a player. I imagine our LB corps looking like CJ - Anderson - Beason - Upshaw

2nd - Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska - With the injury I could see him dropping to us in the 2nd. I can see our DL looking like...McClain, Edwards/Fields/Fua, Crick

2nd - Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon - I really like Hogans potential but if Harris falls to the middle of the 2nd round I think we have to take him, very quick and great in man, also a great PR

3rd - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama - Physical freak, kind of like a poor mans Sean Taylor, absolutely great in run support which we desperately need, can deliver the huge hit but is also a solid tackler, struggles a little in coverage but isn't as bad in coverage as some make him out to be

4th - Brandon Washington, OG, Miami - Miamis offensive line is great this year and Washington is a huge part of it

5th - BJ Cunningham, WR, MSU - Very productive player with good size whose a great target in the redzone

6th - Kapron Lewis-Moore, DE, Notre Dame - very good 3-4 DE prospect, good athlete with ideal size a 3-4 DE

7th - Jermarcus Hardrick, OT Nebraska - very raw but a great long term prospect to develop with great size and athleticism

If we were to switch to a 3-4 primarily and could pull off those trades, that'd be a dream draft. We'd still need that 320+ NT, but that draft would be an excellent start for a 3-4.

Posted

There's another reason. Maybe we could go upshaw in the first and crick or Randall in the second because fua will have another year under his belt and Ron Edwards will be back

Posted

Yes it could and I think Fua has great potential. I just don't think you'll see too much of it this season. We also have Kearse, who I think is the best 3-4 NT prospect on the team. He's very young and has a ton of upside. There's a reason Miami stashed him on the PS, he just needs a bit of time to develop has well.

Posted

Here's my far fetched offseason plan/scenario that is probably totally unrealistic

I envision us losing Connor

Nanee won't be re-signed

Davis won't be back

Goodson might be gone

Armanti will be challenged in the offseason and probably cut in next years preseason

Free agent signings: Broderick Bunkley, DT

Wishful thinking says we sign Dwayne Bowe/Vincent Jackson but we might settle for Jordy Nelson. I love Gettis but I don't want to reserve a starting spot for a player coming off major injury. His healthy return along with a vet will only help us.

Then maybe a free agent linebacker for depth and possibly a S. Reggie Nelson is my first choice, but Reggie Smith, 49ers, or Brodney Pool, Jets, could be options.

I'll let you know ahead of time that in this mock I see us picking 3rd or 4th, and Matt Kalil will be selected ahead of us at no. 2. I kind of suspect with the new rookie wage scale teams will be more willing to trade up to get a player they want and I envision a team trading up with us to get Landry Jones, possibly Washington or Denver. In this case we will be able to add a 2nd and 4th this year, and maybe a conditional 3rd round pick next year. So here goes.

1st. *trade down--Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa--Is athletic and could be second best tackle in this class. Former tight end and comparable to Ryan Clady or Trent Williams.

2nd. *aquired pick--Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State--best player available, position of importance, very similar to Coefield, etc.

2nd. *trade down AGAIN--Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska--Fast and instinctive, best coverage LB in the draft, as well.

3rd. *aquired pick from second trade--Alex Okafor, DE, Texas--best player available, position of importance, who's our third defensive end?

4th. Kenny Tate, OLB, Maryland--fast, versatile, and athletic. And we need LBs, y'all.

4th. *aquired pick--Jeff Demps, RB/WR/KR/PR--Bump it, I dont know where hes gonna line up, dude is FAST, son. Very small guy but maybe Chud can use him like Sproles, and he might be able to provide big plays in the return game. We need some speed back there and we dont need to count on him to run between the tackles or anything silly like that.

5th. Brandon Mosley, OL, Auburn--depth

After this, who cares, really? Hopefully we get a nice player here that no one has ever heard of like Gettis.

Flame away

tl;dr

Posted

I too believe we will trade down to the 15-20 range

1) Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama

2) Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, WVU

2(T))Chase Minnifield, CB/KR, Virginia

4) Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California

5)depth

6)depth

7) depth